What rescue really means

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Yesterday was a tragic day for MABR yesterday. I had an emergency pick up yesterday that didn't go as well as we'd hoped. A beautiful girl was left on the side of the road to die. She was obviously a breeder dump. The vet exam showed that she was full of cancer and there was nothing that could be done. With the authors permission, this is a repost of the definition of "rescue"

In rescue the definition of help varies. Sometimes it's helping a family by providing them with the resources to train their unruly dog. Sometimes it's helping provide medical care or food when a family hits a hard patch in life. Sometimes it's helping to find a loving home for a dog who needs to be rehomed for whatever reason. Sometimes it's finding a dog who was dumped on the street, making them well and placing them in an amazing home where they never have to worry about food and shelter again. And sometimes, like last night, it's finding that sweet soul who is in pain and was left on the streets, providing them with hamburgers to fill their tummy on the way to the vet, showing them a day filled with love and kindness and belly rubs, and when they are in so much pain and they are so sick, showing them that someone cared enough to hug them and love on them and stay with them while they crossed the rainbow bridge. Sometimes, in rescue, helping them is ending their pain and suffering.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
poor baby...so glad she was saved and not left to die alone. My heart hurts :(

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Wow. I'm glad to hear you were able to help her, but equally sad to read about her quick demise. People are just unbelievable sometimes. I'm so very sorry to hear about her cancer. I really don't know how you do it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Bev that is heartbreaking :(. At least she had you and MABR to show her that love :cry:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
It happens. I'm ok with it. I just loved this definition of rescue and wanted to share it.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry for that baby girl, but at least she didn't die on the side of the road alone and scared. The rescue definition is great, whoever wrote it did an excellent job.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
There are so many of us here that know this could have easily been our dog that was left to die. :cry: As much as I am overwhelmed by the responsibility of caring for this little dog, I am grateful to her for rescuing US. Thank you for your work in rescue. You are my new hero. :clap2:

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Very powerful. Cannot stop crying for the innocent little Bully girl who only had a few moments of love in a lifetime of unspeakable sadness.Bless you.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
When I think of the pain that baby suffered w/her cancer BEFORE
being dumped, I hope THEY suffer the same or worse fate.

Wonderful definition of rescue, thank you for sharing and thank you
for your work on their behalf, you are a HERO, Bev.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
So very sad, you want to help them all. That's the true meaning of compassion, not the dispicable person that can not be bothered.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Bev that definition of Rescue is great and you all do such a wonderful job and giving that little girl a little time of love in her last hours isso wonderful.
Thanks for sharing that.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Breeder dumps are some of the most heartbreaking rescues of all. These dogs often have no life experience outside a cage and have trouble fending for themselves.

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Yesterday was a tragic day for MABR yesterday. I had an emergency pick up yesterday that didn't go as well as we'd hoped. A beautiful girl was left on the side of the road to die. She was obviously a breeder dump. The vet exam showed that she was full of cancer and there was nothing that could be done. With the authors permission, this is a repost of the definition of "rescue"

In rescue the definition of help varies. Sometimes it's helping a family by providing them with the resources to train their unruly dog. Sometimes it's helping provide medical care or food when a family hits a hard patch in life. Sometimes it's helping to find a loving home for a dog who needs to be rehomed for whatever reason. Sometimes it's finding a dog who was dumped on the street, making them well and placing them in an amazing home where they never have to worry about food and shelter again. And sometimes, like last night, it's finding that sweet soul who is in pain and was left on the streets, providing them with hamburgers to fill their tummy on the way to the vet, showing them a day filled with love and kindness and belly rubs, and when they are in so much pain and they are so sick, showing them that someone cared enough to hug them and love on them and stay with them while they crossed the rainbow bridge. Sometimes, in rescue, helping them is ending their pain and suffering.

You know, I think the rescue went the way it was supposed to go just a little sadder. You were supposed to rescue this beautiful creature and help her cross the Bridge painless instead of in pain and all alone. Thank you for rescuing her, she'll be waiting for you I'm sure. Thank you to all rescuers.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.