Would rescues be interested in this for auction?

TandVsMom

Jun 26, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus and Bubbers
I am a ceramic artist and am getting ready to do a series of bulldog sculptures for a class. I'm just trying to gauge whether or not these sculptures would be something rescues would be interested in using for auction fundraisers. I will complete them for a grade...but then I am not sure what I would do with them afterward. Would this be good to donate for auction? I don't usually participate in auctions because I don't like bidding, so I'm not sure what sorts of things people actually bid on.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Is there a picture you meant to attach?

OP
TandVsMom

TandVsMom

Jun 26, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus and Bubbers
Similar to this, but this one is not one that I actually made. I aim to do standing, sitting and laying down.

bulldog statue.jpg

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I'm a foster for Detroit Bulldog Rescue and I can honestly say anything that is going to bring in money for the dogs would be awesome. The fact that is a bulldog and/or bulldog related is a bonus. We have lots of dogs in our care now that are on medical hold and have very high vet bills and any money raised goes directly to their care.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think they would do very well in auctions!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I am a ceramic artist and am getting ready to do a series of bulldog sculptures for a class. I'm just trying to gauge whether or not these sculptures would be something rescues would be interested in using for auction fundraisers. I will complete them for a grade...but then I am not sure what I would do with them afterward. Would this be good to donate for auction? I don't usually participate in auctions because I don't like bidding, so I'm not sure what sorts of things people actually bid on.

The one you showed is something I would bid on for sure.
I dont know if you know this but we here at English Bulldog News runs several fundraisers a year and all the proceeds go to various bulldog rescue groups around the country.
We would love to have those in our auctions and/or raffles. ;)

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
:drool: I'll be keeping my eyes open for one of your sculptures. I'm sure there will be a BUNCH of bidders!

OP
TandVsMom

TandVsMom

Jun 26, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus and Bubbers
Ok, good. I'll have to get my butt in gear and get started ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am bidding on that too..... getting cookin' girlie!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
*ANYTHING* bulldog related does really well on the auctions, if you are making these, and feel even more creative, you could offer your services to the winner (Send me a few pictures of your bully, and I'll paint the sculpture to look like your bully etc)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Similar to this, but this one is not one that I actually made. I aim to do standing, sitting and laying down.

View attachment 39186

That is gorgeous!!!! As a member of Rescue Ohio English Bulldogs I can honestly say they would raise a lot of money for our rescue. Like all rescues we are permanently in the red. The bullies that we pick up from the shelters or are surrendered to us are usually in such bad shape that the Rescue spends a lot in vet bills to get them back to health.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Anything unique and bully related really does well in the auctions. :yes: And such a talent you have!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
How awesome! We here at EBN, like Bruce said...select rescues to donate to when we hold our auctions. The rescues we select get 100% of the donated money, minus some shipping. The only way we can pull this off is if we have people to donate the goods and in turn have people to bid on the goods. If you feel better donating....that's just as important, if not MORE important than those that bid. Without people donating items....there are no bidders.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.