Brindle-advice/help please

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Hi everyone this is Brindle. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358436573.916292.jpg

His owners got him from a rescue who didn't know anything about him. We're all good friends, and they are wonderful loving Pawrents to my God dog, Lola. When they adopted Brindle they discovered he was very aggressive. They are a young couple and didn't want him to go to yet another home (they were #4) but he was too aggressive and tried to bite anyone he didn't know well. Crystial and I talked and she was really upset but thought it best to put him down, because he was still so aggressive and they had him 2 years and nothing had changed.

I told her to give me until the end of the day, they were leaving for vacation and they didn't want to board him and then come back and do it. So, I put my word out and found a guy. He lived alone and didn't have much company. Sixteen year old daughter who visited once a month or so. He had bulldog experience and sounded like an ideal situation. Well things were going great. Then he got married, became a grandfather, etc. now he knew and was fully aware that Brindle had issues. He was boarding him a lot and has now given him to someone else. I am so upset at this situation right now I could just cry-well now I am. It's not his fault that he was abused and now he's being passed around like an unwanted baby. This is not what we had in mind for him at all. He's happy and good with adults, mostly. Not kids. He needs a single home with no kids and he prefers men. I don't know what to do. I'd have let her put him down if id have known it would be like this!

Thoughts? Ideas?

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Ugh this poor baby!! First, the person who has him now.. Does he want the bully or is he just temporary? I don't really know where to begin with all if this because even if he does want him, and knows his whole history, who's to say his lifestyle won't change like the last owners did. Are there any bulldog specific rescues in the area? They might be able to help, at least with advice on what to do.

kspencer

Feb 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Ava and Spencer
I'm so sorry to hear this. Is the home he is in now a forever home?.??? Or is this a temp. Does he get along with other dogs??? I stay home and have a female bully Ava who is fixed. My husband also works from home we have a large large fenced in back yard , I have also fostered bullies before. We have never been defeated by a bullie before lol. We live in SC and would meet half way and he would have a forever home. Let me know if this helps otherwise I'm not sure.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Where is he now? Have you contacted any rescues to see if they can help

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I'm so sorry to hear this. Is the home he is in now a forever home?.??? Or is this a temp. Does he get along with other dogs??? I stay home and have a female bully Ava who is fixed. My husband also works from home we have a large large fenced in back yard , I have also fostered bullies before. We have never been defeated by a bullie before lol. We live in SC and would meet half way and he would have a forever home. Let me know if this helps otherwise I'm not sure.
Would be wonderful to get him help! How wonderful for you to offer!! Sounds like he will need special care to work on his behavior issues. It breaks my heart to hear stories like this. :(

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Brindle sounds like he's been through so much. I would think his past behaviors of biting have to do with how he was treated (or mistreated) growing up. I know he can be rehabilitated (not to sound like Cesar Millan), and I really do believe that there is a right family for him who is willing to work with Brindle and give him the loving home he deserves. [MENTION=4375]kspencer[/MENTION], that really would be wonderful if you would be able to take this boy. So [MENTION=6241]Jackieshoes[/MENTION], what is the next step here?

OP
Jackieshoes

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
[MENTION=4375]kspencer[/MENTION] let me see what the situation is...I know that he prefers men and does NOT like cigarette smoke, or children.do y'all have any kids in your neighborhood, children who want to have kids, etc.... I would have taken him in but I'm 26, and plan on having kids one day. I know that they had 3 bullies at one time but when he tried to bite Crystial and Lola (she was a brand new puppy and being puppy) that was kind of the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak. Crystial is an AMAZING pawrent and the ONLY reason they let bully #1 go was an expected job change and they could only have two dogs, and Lola was a baby I think, and the other bully is extremely laid back and is happy in the new home (we both know the new pawrents and they are just as in love and have a little boy). Crystial is just as upset as I am if not more. She and I have really connected over our love of our babies, kinda like everyone here. WE JUST WANT WHAT'S BEST FOR THE BABY. How old is Ava? I'm not against this, and that's why I turned here. I talk about this forum all the time and trust you all.

Now, there is NOT a bulldog rescue in Mississippi. Does anyone on here run a rescue for bullies? I'd like to talk to someone about some things regarding that too. Anyway, I'll have to get with Allen and get in touch with the new person and all that. I just got the text from her this morning where Allen told her that he gave Brindle up and something about they keep in touch but I told Crystial to hold off today and we would think it over, and I would ask y'all. I think I'm so upset because I recommended him. I know life happens and things change but he should have come to one of us and asked us to eat back involved if things were going like this...I'm just so dang frustrated and I feel so bad for Brindle. I know he's behaving like this because he's probably terrified, and I ,now how my baby acts when you take him out of his environment....ESPECIALLY without his mommy.

I'll try and get in touch with him tomorrow (I think it's better to have a "middleman" because Crystial is really really frustrated. I'll keep y'all updated

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm going to tag a few peeps here who have more knowledge about bulldog rescues:

[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION], [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION], [MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION]

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
You can contact the rescue that's closes to you and they should coordinate some sort of transport to get him. Unsure where Mississipi is (sorry, I find US georgraphy gruesome! lol), but I'll see what I can find. Will let you know soon.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok, googled quickly and noticed that the arizona, texas and florida rescues are quite close.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh, uhh, sure it was a typo. haha. I actually thought Arizona was in the east.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I think the first move is going to have to find out more about the person he is with now.

What is this person like? Is he on his own ... so no kids around. Ultimately, your friend did give her to this guy, and now this guy has passed Brindle on to somebody else. It may not be that easy to get Brindle back unless a document was signed that Brindle should be given back to her and not passed on to somebody else.

So if the new owner is not going to be a good fit, or doesn't want Brindle then we can certainly help to put him in to a rescue who will place him in a foster home that suits his needs. They may even be able to get him behavioral training if they feel it is needed,

So let us know what you find out!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online