bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
I WAS JUST REALLY CURIOUS WHY MISSISSIPPI DOESN'T HAVE A BULLY RESCUE SERVICE? I THINK EVERY STATE SHOULD HAVE ONE....:clap2:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
There are other rescues that handle the state of Mississippi area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Mississippi is the red headed step child of everywhere. It's hard to get anything done here, but I'm in Hattiesburg area if any rescue organization needs help with transport or whatever else. I just can't get another pet or my boyfriend will move her haha.

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
I would like to have some kind of group however on the boards because in the past year I've had to find new homes for 3 bullies. I'm very particular about where they go, not everyone has been blessed like us to own these magnificent animals. And I know of another angel I'm probably going to be looking for a home for soon as well. Friends of mine are having a baby and they didn't socialize Titan with kids so he's slightly aggressive toward them. He might be ok with the new baby and be able to stay but just I case I would like to have somewhere to look for him a new home... Don't want anyone to get their hopes up in case it doesn't work out, but if he does have to find a new house, it'd be nice to have a board up.

OP
bella100

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Yea i think we need a Mississippi group of some kind, and if any one in MS. needs a home for a bully please do not hesitate to let me know, i would be more than happy to give a chance at a happy life and home.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm unsure which rescue group covers the Mississippi area .... until last year Ohio was covered by Detroit Bulldog Rescue and Indiana Bulldog Rescue. There is now Rescue Ohio English bulldogs that set up as a rescue in 2011 to cover the whole of the Ohio area.

So until somebody sets up the rescue organisation and registers as a charity for the Mississippi area will need to continue to be covered by other rescue groups. [MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] .. Do you know which groups do cover Mississippi at the moment??

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm unsure which rescue group covers the Mississippi area .... until last year Ohio was covered by Detroit Bulldog Rescue and Indiana Bulldog Rescue. There is now Rescue Ohio English bulldogs that set up as a rescue in 2011 to cover the whole of the Ohio area.

So until somebody sets up the rescue organisation and registers as a charity for the Mississippi area will need to continue to be covered by other rescue groups. [MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] .. Do you know which groups do cover Mississippi at the moment??

I left a message for GEBR to see if she can tell me who is hnadling the area....I will let you know asap

OP
bella100

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
thanks everyone, i know we have to have some bullies somewhere in mississippi that need great loving homes!!

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
thanks everyone, i know we have to have some bullies somewhere in mississippi that need great loving homes!!

I didn't forget about you! I am sorry but we lost power last week during the hurricane so I haven't had a chance to get more info for you! I will see what I can do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
No worries, just want a place for our babies to go should they need one. Mines open for fostering if there's a 'Sippi bully who needs me! Just have to eventually find them a new home, but I don't want any bully mistreated or going to someone who doesn't understand the breed or will mistreat it. They're all babies in my eyes and they should all be loved!

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
I agree...we're also in the Hattiesburg area and it's hard to even find Bully owners here. You could try to get something started with Southern Pines animal shelter????

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
I think maybe hub city would be a better choice. They're run by local vets and they don't turn animals away... Or needlessly kill them

david mahan

Oct 6, 2013
Country
United states.
Bulldog(s) Names
biggen
I'm in north Mississippi, and looking to adopt a bullie . does anybody know some place close to tupelo?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.