Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Taylor.jpg

Taylor from English Bulldog Rescue of Georgia Needs HELP!!
by London Canine Couture on Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 4:46am

Attention everyone! We need your help! English Bulldog Rescue of Georgia needs donations. Not only is this rescue known for saving countless bully lives, but they are also known for donating to OTHER rescues (such as Manny and Millie from IEBR).

London Canine Couture is holding a raffle to raise money for a very special English bulldog in English Bulldog Rescue of Georgia’s care. His name is Taylor. Taylor was found in a shelter. He previously had been on the streets and has the evidence from nasty puncture marks all over his face to prove it. The shelter said it looks like something had severely attacked him. EBRG pulled him and took him to their vet where he stayed in quarantine for awhile and was diagnosed with two nasty cherry eyes, extremely bad demodex mange (which causes some really nasty sores between his toes that pop and bleed). He tested heartworm negative (thank goodness) but did test positive for nasty roundworms. He also has one testicle that hasn’t descended and will need that removed when he is neutered. The costs keep mounting for the on-going treatment of this beautiful bully’s plethora of issues. Please take a look at his pictures to see the severity of his complex skin and eye problems. Anyone who keeps up on bulldogs knows how much the treatment of demodex can run. And cherry eye surgery for one eye is costly! On top of that he still needs to be neutered and roundworm treatment. The vet thinks he is a few years old. He was not microchipped.

Taylor’s foster mom says he is a lover and has the best personality ever. Being found on the streets hasn’t had an effect on his demeanor. He is patient and loves the other bulldog in the house. Taylor’s favorite place to sleep is the couch…oh and he LOVES yogurt! Despite being covered in demodex and having horrid cherry eyes, he is otherwise doing well and seems to be loving life. He loves car rides and does well with bathing. Foster mom Brandi says he just sits there and looks at her with the most loving eyes. She said she can’t wait to get the cherry eyes fixed. He will look and feel so much better.

Your help is needed! They are extremely limited in funds and need to pay for Taylor’s veterinary care. Please open your hearts and help this wonderful rescue out. They have given so much already to many people and bullies. People (including myself) can tell you of countless times they have donated selflessly. Now it is time for them to receive. Please take a moment to look at Taylors pictures. You can see he is a bully in need. Please help selflessly for his great cause!

For those of you who do not know about EBRG, the rescue was formed by Randy Huffman and Cheryl Ovenshire (both in Georgia). At that time UGA County didn’t even have a bulldog rescue! Since then, they have spent countless hours (and their own money) rescuing bullies from all over Georgia, including Alabama and Florida. They donate their time, money, homes, and love to these bullies who need saving; truly an inspiration for us all. Joyce Keeton is the newest member who helps with boarding and caring for several of the rescues. She has a place in Logansville where many of the bullies stay while in transition to going to their foster homes.

Tickets for the raffle are $11.00 and the proceeds will go towards Taylor’s on-going treatment for demodex mange, double cherry eye surgery, and neuter. The raffle sales will start on Thursday, September 16th, 2010. During that time you will be going to a link to London Canine Couture’s website where you can purchase as many tickets as you want.

Tickets will be sold up until September 27th. On September 18th, 20th, 22nd, 24th, and the final night of the 27th, we will be pulling names for the raffle to win prizes of Pal Dog All Natural Shampoo, Fuzzy Nation Bulldog Purse, Orange County Choppers Collar, I ♥ Bulldog car window sticker, Jolly Egg Ball, Tattoo- style dog collar and the grand prize, the Canine Cooler-cooling mat (made for bulldogs), which will be drawn on the last night of the raffle. All donated by London Canine Couture to raise money for EBRG.

CLICK HERE FOR RAFFLE TICKET PURCHASE!

http://www.londoncaninecouture.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=TAYLORSRAFFLEPURCHASE

taylor2.jpg

taylor3.jpg

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I saw this post on FB. I love that they do this for rescues. I never knew. I am getting my ticket tonight!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We just bought 3. Vegas bought his hoping to win the tattoo collar and Orion wants to win Taylor (go figure) She thought he was handsome. I explained that the raffle wasn't to win Taylor rather to help him, but she won't listen to me. So, here's hoping that we might win Taylor.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I got my two, one for Abby and one for Bella. The shop also will high-light a product nightly, if you purchased based on their terms (buy two, buy this etc) they will throw in a ticket for you. I am not sure if their actual website has the link to those specials, but their Facebook page does. They post the special at 9pm est. Last night was if you buy 2 of the new organic bath items, you get a free ticket. I went ahead and bought their organic, anti itch shampoo. I will compare it to what I use here.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Oh darn, I didn't see those specials. I just saw the link above and click from here. *sigh* That's what I get for trying to do everything quickly.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.