Can you believe this woman beat her bulldog with a snow shovel? (graphic content)

Reggie

Jul 16, 2010
Stopsley, Luton, Bedfordshire, England
Bulldog(s) Names
REGINALD GRUFFALO THE FIRST
ANSWER: It's a cycle of abuse. If pet abuse, child abuse, domestic abuse and elder abuse were all outlawed & combined with education programmes on how to channel emotions positively, we may have a chance to break the cycle. Interesting that many a response was to batter the perpetrator herself but what purpose would that serve? To make us instantly feel empowered/better ....just like she did when she battered that puppy. Get where I'm coming from?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
ANSWER: It's a cycle of abuse. If pet abuse, child abuse, domestic abuse and elder abuse were all outlawed & combined with education programmes on how to channel emotions positively, we may have a chance to break the cycle. Interesting that many a response was to batter the perpetrator herself but what purpose would that serve? To make us instantly feel empowered/better ....just like she did when she battered that puppy. Get where I'm coming from?

I'd like to think that although most of the people vented on this site at the thought of what she did, that in real life the instinct would be to just grab the dog and run if faced with it. That would be my own personal initial instinct ... I mean these neighbours saw what was happening and chose to ignore it until one of them FINALLy spoke up and reported her. What people write on here is frustration and sorrow that something like this could happen to a dog similar to the one that is currently in their home as their fur-baby. I would say that most if not all of the people who have said things that sound as if they want to batter the perpetrator would never do such a thing.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I watched the video and it is very disturbing, indeed. The woman needs to be held liable for her actions, no matter what the reasons behind them, be it previous abuse or whatever. At some point, we are all accountable for our actions.

That said, thank God animals are the wonderful and resilient creatures they are - I hope Spike lives a long and happy life amongst people that love him and cherish him for who he is.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I watched the video and it is very disturbing, indeed. The woman needs to be held liable for her actions, no matter what the reasons behind them, be it previous abuse or whatever. At some point, we are all accountable for our actions.

That said, thank God animals are the wonderful and resilient creatures they are - I hope Spike lives a long and happy life amongst people that love him and cherish him for who he is.

Still can't bring myself to watch it ............. the description in the written news report was enough to make me feel physically sick ....:angry:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I'd like to think that although most of the people vented on this site at the thought of what she did, that in real life the instinct would be to just grab the dog and run if faced with it. That would be my own personal initial instinct ... I mean these neighbours saw what was happening and chose to ignore it until one of them FINALLy spoke up and reported her. What people write on here is frustration and sorrow that something like this could happen to a dog similar to the one that is currently in their home as their fur-baby. I would say that most if not all of the people who have said things that sound as if they want to batter the perpetrator would never do such a thing.

Exactly! I would say that is exactly right!

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I read all of the posts and nothing seemed out of line in my opinion.

And my (or others opinions) on not liking this woman beating her dog with a shovel is not the reason she did it.

I understand the cycle of abuse, but I hardly think that us feeling pain for this innocent creature is part of that cycle she is personally dealing with, if she is dealing with one at all. Some people are just BAD people. Some people treat animals as property and not living creatures. We don't know her background, what she grew up with, all *I* know, is she beat this dog with a shovel. And I don't like it.

If you don't fight for what you believe in our world would be a sorry place.

What I believe in is that this woman would not like it if she got hit by a shovel. Karma will come, surely- it will.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.