Can you believe this woman beat her bulldog with a snow shovel? (graphic content)

nlgraham

Feb 27, 2010
Silverdale,Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Pac-Stun
ok, I have lived on a farm and is a huge animal lover. I am also one of these people that belive what ever you do bad like what she did to this poor very cute littly bully, she would be beating with a shovel. that is wrong. I am so happy that the by standard truned her in!

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
I hope they put her in jail for a very long time. How can people be that way to an animal is unreal!

Capone'sMom

Feb 2, 2010
bronx, ny
Bulldog(s) Names
ALFONSE CAPONE
When I heard what happened to this animal it took all of my not to go to this lady's house and beat the hell outta her with a shovel (I live here in NY) ....on an upbeat note....the joke in my house is...(Capone speaking) "careful mama, watch what you say or do to me or I'll hit you with a shovel" :)

luvinmybullies

Mar 24, 2010
OMG

I haven't actually seen the video. My husband warned me before I saw it. When I heard about what this woman did to her bullie, I cried. It made me sick to hear about how long she had been abusing the poor animal. I don't understand why the vet that her husband took the dog to didn't report them.

Attachments

• Susiepoem.jpg
    Susiepoem.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 270

BrodyBullys

Mar 7, 2010
Central New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Dora!!
OH MY GOOD GOSH!! I canNOT believe what I just saw! Why.....WHY??? Karma is an awesome thing. I hope Spike can get the help he needs and he can get into a family who will show him love. Poor boy is going to have pain probably his entire life.....and look at that sweet face. UGH......this is why I f'n hate people and adore animals.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Here is an update on Spike from the ASPCA:

Monthly Members Newsletter

September 15, 2010

Spike Captures the Hearts of Many

Spike the Dog

First, the scene made most New York City news viewers wince—then it made them downright furious. There, on the evening news, was footage of an enraged Queens woman, Maria Aguilar, brutally beating Spike, her 11-month-old English Bulldog puppy, on her porch. The puppy was howling in pain and fear. Sick of Aguilar’s constant abuse of the puppy, a Good Samaritan neighbor yelled at Aguilar to stop. When she didn’t, he made a video of her violence on his cell phone camera, thereby capturing undeniable visual evidence of what was a truly heartless act of animal cruelty.

The Good Samaritan and several other concerned citizens reported the horrific abuse to ASPCA Humane Law Enforcement, who responded by racing to the home that Aguilar shares with her husband. At first, Aguilar denied abusing the puppy, but confessed to the crime after ASPCA investigators showed her the video evidence. Aguilar was arrested for aggravated animal cruelty.

Spike was rushed to the ASPCA, where Anti-Cruelty Veterinarian Dr. Rhonda Windham, MVB, treated him. “Spike had multiple injuries consistent with blunt force trauma,” she says. “He also had a number of old injuries, including a left femoral head fracture, a broken right elbow, three broken teeth and ear injuries. He will have progressive arthritis in his left hip and his right front elbow for the rest of his life.” Windham says that according to Spike’s medical records, another veterinarian had treated him at least a dozen times in the previous seven months, before he was rescued by the ASPCA. The most recent attack captured on the cell phone camera had left Spike nearly blind in his right eye.

During his period of recuperation, Spike became somewhat of a celebrity at the ASPCA, receiving personal letters, gifts and get-well cards from fans. Gail Buchwald, Senior Vice President of the ASPCA Adoption Center, says that there were also hundreds of potential adopters for Spike. “This dog was so beloved by New Yorkers that we had to turn away many adopters. He had his pick of wonderful homes.” In the end, the ASPCA placed Spike in a household with an experienced pet parent familiar with caring for animals with special needs. Though she prefers to remain anonymous due to the case’s intense publicity, she is delighted by the addition of Spike to her family. Apparently, Spike's new pup-brother Petey is, too. "The two of them hit it off right away," she says. "They are always together and you can tell that their friendship has really helped Spike regain some of his confidence." Spike's physical condition has improved as well. "Spike will probably always have difficulty seeing and walking," explains his new pet parent. "But that doesn't stop him from getting around.”

Joseph Pentangelo, Assistant Director of ASPCA Humane Law Enforcement, says that while the outpouring of love for Spike was both deserved and gratifying, he would like Spike’s fans to recognize that there are countless other dogs awaiting adoption at shelters across the country. "There are so many other pets in shelters in dire need of homes," Pentangelo says. "People wanting to help should consider adoption." For more information on adopting a pet in need, please visit www.ASPCA.org/adoption.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I am SO glad I never got to see the video footage ........ just the thought of it makes me feel physically sick!!

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
I had this is my emails this morning from the ASPCA. Its horrible but the harsh reality is that she may get fined and a little jail time , maybe tell her she cant have anymore dogs but thats it. Animal Cruelty and abuse laws are not suitable for the crimes these people do.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I truly believe that "what goes around comes around" ........ she'll receive everything she deserves!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I'm glad I couldn't see the video, it doesn't pull up. But the described abuse was horrible! Poor puppy. Thank goodness someone got proof and turned this woman in! Good to hear that Spike has a new home and won't have to suffer anymore abuse.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
The video wouldn't come up for me either, but the idiot that I am, I hunted it down. I'm so physically sick...and crying and pissed! I almost slammed my laptop down. How someone could do something like this. And it doesn't end. It will never end as long as it's just a misdemeanor. These people need physical punishment........an eye for an eye. Do you think people would beat kids and animals if they knew that it would happen to them in return?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.