Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you believe this woman beat her bulldog with a snow shovel? (graphic content)

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Can you believe this woman beat her bulldog with a snow shovel? (graphic content)

I truly believe that "what goes around comes around" ........ she'll receive everything she deserves!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Can you believe this woman beat her bulldog with a snow shovel? (graphic content)

I'm glad I couldn't see the video, it doesn't pull up. But the described abuse was horrible! Poor puppy. Thank goodness someone got proof and turned this woman in! Good to hear that Spike has a new home and won't have to suffer anymore abuse.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

The video wouldn't come up for me either, but the idiot that I am, I hunted it down. I'm so physically sick...and crying and pissed! I almost slammed my laptop down. How someone could do something like this. And it doesn't end. It will never end as long as it's just a misdemeanor. These people need physical punishment........an eye for an eye. Do you think people would beat kids and animals if they knew that it would happen to them in return?

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    REGINALD GRUFFALO THE FIRST
    Likes (Received)

ANSWER: It's a cycle of abuse. If pet abuse, child abuse, domestic abuse and elder abuse were all outlawed & combined with education programmes on how to channel emotions positively, we may have a chance to break the cycle. Interesting that many a response was to batter the perpetrator herself but what purpose would that serve? To make us instantly feel empowered/better ....just like she did when she battered that puppy. Get where I'm coming from?

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
    ANSWER: It's a cycle of abuse. If pet abuse, child abuse, domestic abuse and elder abuse were all outlawed & combined with education programmes on how to channel emotions positively, we may have a chance to break the cycle. Interesting that many a response was to batter the perpetrator herself but what purpose would that serve? To make us instantly feel empowered/better ....just like she did when she battered that puppy. Get where I'm coming from?

I'd like to think that although most of the people vented on this site at the thought of what she did, that in real life the instinct would be to just grab the dog and run if faced with it. That would be my own personal initial instinct ... I mean these neighbours saw what was happening and chose to ignore it until one of them FINALLy spoke up and reported her. What people write on here is frustration and sorrow that something like this could happen to a dog similar to the one that is currently in their home as their fur-baby. I would say that most if not all of the people who have said things that sound as if they want to batter the perpetrator would never do such a thing.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

I watched the video and it is very disturbing, indeed. The woman needs to be held liable for her actions, no matter what the reasons behind them, be it previous abuse or whatever. At some point, we are all accountable for our actions.

That said, thank God animals are the wonderful and resilient creatures they are - I hope Spike lives a long and happy life amongst people that love him and cherish him for who he is.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jillh10 View Post
    I watched the video and it is very disturbing, indeed. The woman needs to be held liable for her actions, no matter what the reasons behind them, be it previous abuse or whatever. At some point, we are all accountable for our actions.

That said, thank God animals are the wonderful and resilient creatures they are - I hope Spike lives a long and happy life amongst people that love him and cherish him for who he is.

Still can't bring myself to watch it ............. the description in the written news report was enough to make me feel physically sick ....

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    I'd like to think that although most of the people vented on this site at the thought of what she did, that in real life the instinct would be to just grab the dog and run if faced with it. That would be my own personal initial instinct ... I mean these neighbours saw what was happening and chose to ignore it until one of them FINALLy spoke up and reported her. What people write on here is frustration and sorrow that something like this could happen to a dog similar to the one that is currently in their home as their fur-baby. I would say that most if not all of the people who have said things that sound as if they want to batter the perpetrator would never do such a thing.
    Exactly! I would say that is exactly right!
    Last edited by TessaAndSamson; 10-03-2010 at 03:02 PM.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I read all of the posts and nothing seemed out of line in my opinion.

And my (or others opinions) on not liking this woman beating her dog with a shovel is not the reason she did it.

I understand the cycle of abuse, but I hardly think that us feeling pain for this innocent creature is part of that cycle she is personally dealing with, if she is dealing with one at all. Some people are just BAD people. Some people treat animals as property and not living creatures. We don't know her background, what she grew up with, all *I* know, is she beat this dog with a shovel. And I don't like it.

If you don't fight for what you believe in our world would be a sorry place.

What I believe in is that this woman would not like it if she got hit by a shovel. Karma will come, surely- it will.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Karma will come, surely- it will.
    Amen!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads