RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
http://www.coons.senate.gov/new-castle-county-job-fair--------------- Thoughts please ! it sounds REALLY REALLY Good, or is it too good? ------------------------------

Hi Rick,
I am a NEW business owner of Cruise Planners/ American Express **Company Name Deleted for Conversation**. Here's my basic thoughts: gift certificate, $X (to be determined...), to be redeemed thru me, leaving from any embarkation port, for any cruise 3 nites or longer, 2 people or more, to be used within 1 year, it is transferable & sell-able, but not redeemable for cash. I'd be willing to donate up to a $500. gift cert.
Do you have any ideas or suggestions? I am open!!! My goals are to promote myself, as well as help you guys. Can you please assist with encouraging people to "LIKE" my website, post that I will be making a donation, etc... I would greatly appreciate it. If you would like to talk, my cell phone is: XXX-XXX-XXXX. .
Thanks,

-----------------------------------------------------

My questions, if you were at a Charity Auction and there was a pair of $250 gift vouchers (they must be redeemed through this company) would you bid on them? they ARE Transferrable and resellable. - and how much would you 'value' (How high would you bid?)

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Geez thats a hard one. I have no idea how to answer.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
stick with reputable corps and be careful with the 'likes' you pass around...you could be just a click away from being hacked or having your info stolen. Better safe than sorry.

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Ahhh that is why I come to my bully buddies :)

I have been speaking with this lady, and it does seem on the up and up. What it basically is, would be a tax break for her, creating her new business.

$500 Gift Certificate to be redeemed through her company - her commission on a longer cruise is about $350-400 so a net loss of $100, but for that $100 she gets advertisment, and her name out there. (I'm still looking into it though, I wouldnt want anyone to lose even $20 on a gift certificate that was worthless.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
nah.... sty away that seems to be a scam to me

TandVsMom

Jun 26, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus and Bubbers
Seems questionable for sure. But, I'm a skeptic by nature.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Scam or not I can say I wouldn't bid on such a thing in a charitable auction either. it just wouldn't sound appealing. I don't like bidding on things that are just part of having to spend a lot more money to redeem.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
you would have to book with that company which limits your shopping around for the best price..

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.