Fort worth shelter

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
This may not be posted in the correct spot. But fort worth TX is having to get rid of a couple hundred (may be less now) Dogs and cats by this weekend or they will euthanize them due to no space at the shelters...

I've already begged and pleaded with my husband to adopt (dogs are going for $25 included spay/shots) and he has a hard NO because we're in an apartment and our little bully is a lot of work ;)

I've teared up like 5 times today just looking at those pictures, and my heart goes out to them.....my question is for general. Hypothetically, would our 6 month girl bully accept and get along with a totally different breed of dog? I'm almost positive she would adapt and love it, but I'm curious if that would be a positive impact on her or negative??

Either way....I can't get one :(

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bullies usually will get along with other dogs very well as long as the other dog is not aggressive toward her. Depending on the breed most other dogs are pretty much maintenance free. we have a Beagle and we hardly ever spend money on her except for her annual exam and shots.

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
I've never owned a dog that was that high maintenance either, except when they were on their death bed. Spunky is starting to be aggressive with biting during play, I thought it was an attention thing...until we started playing with her alllll night and giving her all our attention...I wondered if another dog would calm that side of her down, or at least take it out on the other dog lol

Tobs31

May 16, 2012
Boca Raton, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Sullivan (my angel), Hank, and Ted
I got Hank when he was 5 months and he got along great with my mom and dad's boxer, Gus, who is 2. They play all the time. The size difference is not a factor at all haha...Hank holds his own...he goes for the back of Gus' legs...cheap shot, yes, so funny though.

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
That's hilarious!! That's what spunky goes for with other dogs she plays with!! I wonder if it's a height thing ;)

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I think Spunky would do fine! After we adopted Gio who was 1 at the time we adopted a French Bulldog a month and a half later who was 4. They both get along great, it's hard to imagine not having both of them since they are the best of friends and are always together! I think you should talk your husband into it! If you ever did adopt another one I hear that having a boy and a girl usually works better then having two boys or two girls.

Tobs31

May 16, 2012
Boca Raton, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Sullivan (my angel), Hank, and Ted
I think it is height...that's the only place Hank can reach hahah...Gus is like a deer he is so tall and has the longest legs!

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
[MENTION=4081]mcraven2[/MENTION] I know I've been trying so hard to talk him into it!! But he is standing firm on his no :(

I think spunky would love a little friend, but until we get a house, it doesn't look promising. I'll keep trying though!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.