MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I was perusing Petfinder bullies and found this old guy's ad:

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/22922947

He's 9 and deaf and in a shelter. I wanted to cry. In the pic his eyes are goopy and his nose looks dry. Somebody in PA go get him and fix him up and let him live on your couch!!! :pray: His post says "extremely urgent"...I hope that just means they want to get him out of the shelter for his sake...I wish I lived closer!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I would take him in a heart beat, but with 5 dogs, it's probably not his idea of relaxing. He needs a soft quiet touch, good food, fresh air and a fenced in yard to lay around in. God Bless him.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
its a shame he doesn't like other dogs.. I am going to ask my mom.. she would love him.. she just doesn't have the money :( to take care of him

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
When I adopted Tank...we were told he was aggressive with other dogs especially over food. I have yet to see him snarl or even play too rough. I think a lot of the time it's situational. Somebody once told me at a seminar (and this was in reference to alzheimers patients but I think it applies to animals and people alike :)) that all behaviors are the result of an unmet need.
I feel bad when dogs are marked "no dogs" "no cats"..........I get the "no kids" thing because you really do have to be careful. But I hope he finds a good home to live out his days in soon.

I saw another bully on there....I think she was in CA, and 8....and there was a warning on there that some dogs have to be put down as soon as they get to the shelter due to extreme overcrowding, broke my heart to think that senior dogs get euthanized because there are too many souls in the shelter :cry:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hillside is a no kill shelter about 20 mins from me --so it appears it is for his best interest they want to get him a home. I'd love to take him, but not liking other dogs and I have two in a townhouse --- yeah, it would not be good.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
When I adopted Tank...we were told he was aggressive with other dogs especially over food. I have yet to see him snarl or even play too rough. I think a lot of the time it's situational. Somebody once told me at a seminar (and this was in reference to alzheimers patients but I think it applies to animals and people alike :)) that all behaviors are the result of an unmet need.
I feel bad when dogs are marked "no dogs" "no cats"..........I get the "no kids" thing because you really do have to be careful. But I hope he finds a good home to live out his days in soon.

I saw another bully on there....I think she was in CA, and 8....and there was a warning on there that some dogs have to be put down as soon as they get to the shelter due to extreme overcrowding, broke my heart to think that senior dogs get euthanized because there are too many souls in the shelter :cry:

The problem is that once they list him with no other dogs or kids, these rescue organizations won't even talk to you about him if you have other pets. But then again, what if he really IS aggressive with other animals? It breaks my heart that these guys sit in smelly little cages all day with nothing to look forward to but old, donated food once a day. Or, as you said, euthanized because they can't find homes for them.

It's sad! Poor guy deserves a happy ending :(

He does :( But I have Abby and Roxy.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
The problem is that once they list him with no other dogs or kids, these rescue organizations won't even talk to you about him if you have other pets. But then again, what if he really IS aggressive with other animals? It breaks my heart that these guys sit in smelly little cages all day with nothing to look forward to but old, donated food once a day. Or, as you said, euthanized because they can't find homes for them.

He does :( But I have Abby and Roxy.

Oh i totally understand! I have Chanel and Brutus! Wish him the best...