Help PLEASE!!!

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
This is not about a Bulldog but I really need help! My sister bought a long haired minature daschund from a lady who was advertising puppies in the paper. She claimed she was a breeder and she also bred other types of dogs. My sister had her meet her in a parking lot and bought the puppy from her, she gave her his AKC papers and that is it. I of course being a bully owner and did tons of research before I bought from my breeder and I also WENT to the breeder and saw the conditions he had his bullies and their babies in, which by the was was emaculate, immediatly saw red flags. She got him last wednesday at 5 pm, he threw up that night. The next morning he seemed to be okay then just went down fast, he wouldn't eat, was throwing up and wouldn't get up. She brought him to vet Friday morning thinking maybe he had parvo. Ended up he did not but the Vet said he was seriously malnurished and was not taken care of at all. He also thinks he may have some type of congenital problem because his head is much larger than his body but nothing is showing up yet. He did go home yesterday and is doing a little better but there is no guarantee he will make it. The "breeder" would not answer my sisters calls or text so I called her from my work number and she answered. She said she gave him a 5 in 1 shot and was feeding him some seriously crap food!!!!! I lit into and told her how terrible of a person and "breeder" she was. She told my sister she wouldn't do anything with the check my sister paid for the puppy with, well she cashed the check today. We have called local authorities and the shelters to try to get someone to go out their to save the other dogs and puppies out their with NO LUCK!!!! Please help me help them, who can I contact that will give a crap and do something???????

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
This is a tough one. Most of the time..unfortunately it's Buyer Beware. I feel horrible for your sister..and obviously this "person" is a despicable human being. You could try a dachshund rescue in your state. Each state is different and unfortunately southern states have very lax rules pertaining to breeders. I'm sure the humane society and any local ASPCA would be overwhelmed. I'm afraid I would be so angry but put my money and energy into getting the pup as healthy as you can. I'm so sorry..maybe someone else has better options.

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
It just makes me sooooo sick!! How anyone could do this to a puppy and his is such a sweetheart. People like this deserve to be in jail and to NEVER be able to own or breed another animal for the remainder of their life.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Do you have a local newspaper or can you call a news station. Alot of times they will do a story on it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am right there with you... disgusting human being. You can report her to the ASPCA as a puppy mill and they will begin to investigate, but it will take a long time before anything will come of it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online