Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
With the new "Available Bulldogs" are of the site, I think it would be wise to have a minimum of 3 rescue moderators for English Bulldog News.

We will be organizing and gathering as much info as we can in the next few weeks, so I think it would be key to have each moderator keep in contact with specific rescue groups, find out if there are new bullies avaialbe, which ones have been adopted, ect. This way there will be less confusion and up to date postings.

If you are interested in becoming a rescue moderator, please send me a personal message, or email us at [email protected]

This will require time and effort on your part, so please do not apply if you do not have the time to put into it. Thank you all for helping to save the bullies! :heart:

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We are still seeking a rescue moderator for our forums.... it will take some dedication, so please think about it before applying. :) Thx :)

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Exactly what kind of time? Daily? When adoption available or adopted are changed? Do you have a list of what rescues you want to include along with contact information? It would be great if we could divide up the US: NE, NW, SE, SW. The more volunteers the more their are people working towards a common goal.

Just trying to get info to see if it is something I could take on. I work M-Thurs. My kids are older 17+. But I do at times take vacations ect. (not more than a week at a time) If you could give me more info, that would be awesome.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, the more Rescue Moderators we have the better. We would like to 'assign' each moderator their own group of rescues to track and keep in contact with.

What you would be doing:

• Posting avialable bullies for adoption in their board
  • Post any updates, if you have any, on the status of the dog
  • Once the bully has been adopted, move them to the Adopted board (hopefully with an update)
  • Ability to keep your own trackable lists and discuss postings, ect. in the rescue moderators board
  • Automatic 4 Paw Membership

This is volunteer work, so you do what you can do. Obviously the initial postings will require a lot of time, but once all the dogs are listed from all the rescues all over, it will just be a matter of tracking and maintaining contact with the rescue group you are assigned.

Requirements would be the ablility to know how to use the Photobucket uploader, saving photos on existing posts, and good knowledge and use of copy & paste!

Depending on which rescues you are tracking will depend on how much time it will take.

dontshop--adopt

Jul 30, 2010
Greenville, MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
Please keep in mind...THIS IS NOT HARD...I didn't have a lot of experience, and I am learning as I go, but if you know how to copy and paste and have a little extra time you can do it. I felt so helpless because there are no rescues near me, but now I feel like I can help make a difference. What I did was cut out on the hour after hour I spent playing games...this is a much better way to spend my spare time, and the beauty of it is that you can work on your own schedule in whatever time increments works for you. ~~dontshop--adopt~~

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I already visit (via the web) rescues regularly looking for dogs that show symptoms of EPI. I would love to help.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We are still seeking a couple more rescue moderators, if anyone is interested. :)

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would like to help with this.

Done, I have promoted you. Please view the Rescue Moderators Lounge and let me know if you have any questions :)

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We are still looking to add two more rescue moderators to the team. Let me know if you are interested!

Thanks!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.