English Bulldog at a shelter in Grand Island!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Awww, I just came across this girl on petfinder

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21953277

I hate that when there is a bulldog (or any animal for that matter) just sitting in a shelter. If anybody around Nebraska wants to adopt her and needs help with transportation I would be willing to help however I can. :D Grand Island is only a couple hours away!

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
She looks like a sweetie! Like I said...more than willing to drive to help a pooch :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Is there a bulldog rescue nearby? Usually they will get them from shelters..what's with the high adoption fee? From a humane society! Stupid owners..why not contact a rescue!

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I do believe there are branches and contacts for certain english bulldog rescues....but I couldn't tell you if there is actually a rescue that operates out of Nebraska. I've found that usually when a shelter gets a purebred animal...they raise the adoption fee!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I do believe there are branches and contacts for certain english bulldog rescues....but I couldn't tell you if there is actually a rescue that operates out of Nebraska. I've found that usually when a shelter gets a purebred animal...they raise the adoption fee!

Im going to search our rescues..see what's in Nebraska

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]....hopefully you can find one and shoot them an e-mail? Thanks for caring :)

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
What about the Missouri rescues? They aren't too far away drive-wise.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm suprised she hasn't been picked up already by an english bulldog rescue group! We drive miles to pull english bulldogs from shelters!

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
They crop up in Nebraska shelters more than you would think. I know there is another one listed on petfinder that is currently doing a dog training program at a youth detention facility according to her petfinder info.....and a few months back there was a senior girl that was missing an eye (but she found a home!) It's probably due to the fact that there aren't really any bully rescues in Nebraska so people just surrender their poor pups to a shelter.

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Her ad is still up on Petfinder so I'm guessing she is still at the shelter?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.