Sudden Passing of our Big Boy Otis

bosshog

Mar 6, 2011
Our big bubba Otis passed away overnight this past Thursday. He was only 4 years old! He just had a vet visit and was given a clean bill of health. We are devastated. My wife found him sleeping under the comforter like always with his head sticking out. It looked like he was just asleep. There didn't appear to be any sign of struggle. We have had a really rough year. My mother in law was diagnosed with cancer November 1st and passed less than 6 weeks later at the age of 53.Otis was my wife's baby and really helped her get through it.
Otis was my wife's first dog. She was scared of dogs until she met me. We still have our female Ellie and she seems to be doing ok. We are not ready to get another bully yet but keep us in mind if there is a bully near Cincinnati that needs a loving home. If you read this, remember to give your bully a big kiss! otis.jpg

Attachments

• otis.jpg
    otis.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 162

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So incredibly sorry for your loss... big bully hugs to you and your family.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
My heart breaks for you and your family!! RIP Otis, have fun at rainbow bridge until you meet again sweet boy.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Oh my. I'm so sorry! This is the second time I've seen a post where their bulldog has suddenly passed away for no apparant reason. Scary.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Much condolences to you and your fam. Goodbye Otis, thanks for bringing comfort to your family when they were in need. We'll see you again soon big buddy.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
RIP sweet Otis. 4 is awful young, are you going to try to find out the cause? My heart breaks for you and your family.

Tracey

Sep 25, 2010
Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
MooShi and Owen
So sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
Omg I am so sorry to hear about the passing of Otis, you will meet again at the Rainbow bridge , thinking of you and your family

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.