The passing of my beloved Sir Winston Edward "Pumpkin Doodle"

airmike1

Jul 6, 2011
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Elliott.
scan0003.jpgDec2010-2.jpgMike's pictures 098.jpgChristmas2005 048.jpgscan0010.jpgDec2010-2.jpg

While I was almost 1,000 miles away from my home visiting my parents, my English Bulldog Winston died in his sleep from a stroke at home this last Saturday. Winston was 24 days from turning 10 years old. Quite frankly, I am devastated. Winston had me trained very well in life and helped me deal with both low and high points in life. He helped me understand who I was, and how strong I am. Winston was there when I was dealing with horrible personal health issues, the September 11th attacks, an 8 year relationship implosion, being single and finally, a new 3 year relationship. With unconditional love, my Winston helped me get through it all. He and I have been through a lot through the years.

Even though Winston passed away so suddenly, I am grateful that he lived as long as he did considering he almost lost his life when he was only 3 years old. By the grace of God, I was home when Winston experienced “Bloat,” a condition in which his stomach flipped, twisting his intestines and cutting off circulation that can only be reestablished through emergency surgery. He only had a 50 percent chance of surviving the surgery, however he did. Winston was a fighter from birth since some of his siblings had complications when they were born and perished soon after birth. I understood that English Bulldogs by average live to around 8 years of age. By the time Winston surpassed age 8, I became complacent about the average life spans of bulldogs and large breed animals as I really did not worry about it. Therefore, when Winston suddenly departed from this life of mine, this really swept me off of my feet and sucked the breath out of my lungs. The house is quite. I love you Winston! You are missed terribly!

Winston, 7/26/2001-7/2/2011. Rest in Peace my friend

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
My heart hurts for you. I'm so sorry for your loss. He was handsome hugs to you

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. Hugs to you!! :hug: :hug:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh..I am so sorry for the loss of your great friend..Winston. I also have loved great dogs and lost great dogs. You are very fortunate to have had him in your life for such a long time. You must have been a great bully dad and his best buddy. We love our babies here like skin kids and we all feel so bad for you. Your pain will turn to sadness and eventually you will remember the great life you gave him and the great love he gave you. Thanks for sharing this. I know it was hard and a true testament to your love for him.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Sorry for your loss of Winston. I know what it is to lose a loved fur-member of the family. I'm glad he had a full life and a lot of love while he was on earth with you.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I am so sorry. My heart hurts along with yours.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
R.I.P. Winston, You were a true friend through thick and thin. I am so sorry for your loss.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I am so sorry for your loss! RIP Winston you were well loved while here and will be greatly missed.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Beautiful tribute to your Winston. Thank you for sharing his amazing life with us. RIP

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Please accept my heartfelt condolences for your loss. What a blessing Winston was in your life and vice versa.

MichelleK

Feb 11, 2011
:(What a heartfelt tribute to Winston, who was clearly a very important part of your family. I can sympathize as I lost my 11 year old bully in January 2011 and to be honest, the house still feels so quiet after nearly 6 months.
I find great comfort though in the thought that I could be part of a bulldogs life and I am sure Winston knew how greatly he was loved. I hope the pain soon lessens and happy memories are left in return.
Strength

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Goodbye sweet Sir Pumpkin Doodle. Thank you for loving your best friend and being there for him, you will be truly missed.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online