Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 43

Thread: The passing of my beloved Sir Winston Edward "Pumpkin Doodle"

  1. #25
    Dog Groomer goobers mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cindy
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    629
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Breezi, LAYLA& PANDA, Hammer, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
    Likes (Received)
    149

    Default Re: The passing of my beloved Sir Winston Edward "Pumpkin Doodle"

    I am so sorry for the lost of your Best Friend just know he is waiting to pass over the Rainbow Bridge with you.

  2. #26
    Kennel Cleaner airmike1's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mike Sutherland
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida, United States
    Posts
    77
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elliott.
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: The passing of my beloved Sir Winston Edward "Pumpkin Doodle"

    I am fortunate to have found a very nice community of bulldog lovers here on this site! Thank you, to everyone with their warm thoughts and helpful suggestions. Reading the comments on this site along with viewing the pics of these fine bullys has helped me in this difficult time. With one week (this day) of Winston's passing, I am finally turning a page and feeling a bit better. With Winston passing so sudden, and me away for the week, it took several days just to acknowledge the fact of what has happend. So now, I have moved into more of an acceptance mode, eventhough I did not see him for the preceding 7 days before Winston suddenly passed away. Not seeing him hurt the worst. Purhaps, maybe there is an underlining reason beyond my comprehension as to the timing? Only I will know when my day arrives.

    Now, I have decided from this point on, no more gloomy writing from me...it is time to start moving on and be helpful to folks that have English bullys that have questions or need help. After all, it is so nice to talk about our 4 legged kids


  3. #27
    ..........
    Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,010
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: The passing of my beloved Sir Winston Edward "Pumpkin Doodle"

    I am so sorry for your loss. I lost 2 dogs last year and I feel your pain. What a wonderful tribute and I do hope you can find another wonderful friend to keep you company when you are ready. Those pictures are so great.

  4. #28
    Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JeannieCO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Conifer, Colorado
    Posts
    13,413
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)
    620

    Default Re: The passing of my beloved Sir Winston Edward "Pumpkin Doodle"

    I am so sorry to hear about your loss of Winston. Here's a poem I hope you find comforting in time. I found it the day after we lost one of our boys this past January - he was 12.5. Time will heal your heart.

    Do Dogs go to Heaven

    My little bully passed away, no more breathe a sound.
    I held him for the last time, then entombed him in the ground.
    Day and night I wept so much, in tears I thought I’d drown.
    I searched my soul for comfort, but no peace therein was found.

    In great despair, I hit my knees and then began to pray.
    “Father will I ever see, my dog again someday?”
    I raised my eyes and saw an angel standing near a gate.
    I sensed an inner peace I’d never felt before that day.

    The angel smiled and said to me, “Oh man of little faith!
    God sees every bird that falls; He knows your bully’s fate.
    I have met your little dog, I saw him pass my way.
    Your precious dog is still alive; he just walked through this gate.

    Paradise is lovelier than you can comprehend.
    No pain or grief, no tears or fears, and life will have no end.
    God gave to man His only Son, to cover all his sins.
    So why would God withhold from you your pure and loving friend?”

    The angel took me by the hand and said, “Now come with me.
    A glimpse of paradise I’ll give, to you so you can see.”
    Through the gate and o’er the Rainbow Bridge we did proceed.
    Through green valleys filled with flowers, rolling hills and trees.

    “Wow, so this is paradise!” The place was filled with joy.

    I saw my bully playing there, with dogs and cats and toys.
    He also had some doggie treats, and food that he enjoyed.
    He’d made a lot of new friends there, including girls and boys.

    Then I saw a child come near, and hug my little mate.
    She said to him, “I love you so,” and kissed him on the face.
    The angel said, “The child just crossed the Rainbow Bridge today.
    Now she needs a little friend, to love and help her play.

    God’s love for her would be enough, in that make no mistake.
    But in His love, He knew full well, the child would want a mate.
    This is why God called your dog unto this splendid place.
    God’s entrusted her with him, “till you pass through the gate.”

    I pleaded, “May I hug them both?!” The angel answer, “No!
    You’d violate a sacred site, and now it’s time to go.”
    He led me back across the Bridge and through the gate to home.
    He left me there with new-found hope and peace within my soul.

    If someone ever asks what happens to a dog that dies,
    Just give a gentle smile of joy and look them in the eye.
    Take their hand and comfort them and tell them not to cry.
    For dogs don’t die, they simply cross a bridge to paradise.
    Last edited by JeannieCO; 07-10-2011 at 09:52 PM.

  5. #29
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: The passing of my beloved Sir Winston Edward "Pumpkin Doodle"

    @JeannieCO. This is wonderful.

  6. #30
    Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JeannieCO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Conifer, Colorado
    Posts
    13,413
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)
    620

    Default Re: The passing of my beloved Sir Winston Edward "Pumpkin Doodle"

    Thanks @JAKEISGREAT. It still makes me tear up reading it even though it's been 6 months since Orion passed. I'm very co-dependent on my boys so I get hit real hard when the go to the big doggie park in the sky.

  7. #31
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: The passing of my beloved Sir Winston Edward "Pumpkin Doodle"

    Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Thanks @JAKEISGREAT. It still makes me tear up reading it even though it's been 6 months since Orion passed. I'm very co-dependent on my boys so I get hit real hard when the go to the big doggie park in the sky.
    Me too! I have a big cupboard with a hutch in my back area where I keep all my critter supplies. It has shelves on the top part and I have framed pictures of all my dear babies that are gone now. Every day I look at their faces and still feel sad! Special part of our families.

  8. #32
    Kennel Cleaner airmike1's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mike Sutherland
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida, United States
    Posts
    77
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elliott.
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: The passing of my beloved Sir Winston Edward "Pumpkin Doodle"

    Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss of Winston. Here's a poem I hope you find comforting in time. I found it the day after we lost one of our boys this past January - he was 12.5. Time will heal your heart.

    Do Dogs go to Heaven

    My little bully passed away, no more breathe a sound.
    I held him for the last time, then entombed him in the ground.
    Day and night I wept so much, in tears I thought I’d drown.
    I searched my soul for comfort, but no peace therein was found.

    In great despair, I hit my knees and then began to pray.
    “Father will I ever see, my dog again someday?”
    I raised my eyes and saw an angel standing near a gate.
    I sensed an inner peace I’d never felt before that day.

    The angel smiled and said to me, “Oh man of little faith!
    God sees every bird that falls; He knows your bully’s fate.
    I have met your little dog, I saw him pass my way.
    Your precious dog is still alive; he just walked through this gate.

    Paradise is lovelier than you can comprehend.
    No pain or grief, no tears or fears, and life will have no end.
    God gave to man His only Son, to cover all his sins.
    So why would God withhold from you your pure and loving friend?”

    The angel took me by the hand and said, “Now come with me.
    A glimpse of paradise I’ll give, to you so you can see.”
    Through the gate and o’er the Rainbow Bridge we did proceed.
    Through green valleys filled with flowers, rolling hills and trees.

    “Wow, so this is paradise!” The place was filled with joy.

    I saw my bully playing there, with dogs and cats and toys.
    He also had some doggie treats, and food that he enjoyed.
    He’d made a lot of new friends there, including girls and boys.

    Then I saw a child come near, and hug my little mate.
    She said to him, “I love you so,” and kissed him on the face.
    The angel said, “The child just crossed the Rainbow Bridge today.
    Now she needs a little friend, to love and help her play.

    God’s love for her would be enough, in that make no mistake.
    But in His love, He knew full well, the child would want a mate.
    This is why God called your dog unto this splendid place.
    God’s entrusted her with him, “till you pass through the gate.”

    I pleaded, “May I hug them both?!” The angel answer, “No!
    You’d violate a sacred site, and now it’s time to go.”
    He led me back across the Bridge and through the gate to home.
    He left me there with new-found hope and peace within my soul.

    If someone ever asks what happens to a dog that dies,
    Just give a gentle smile of joy and look them in the eye.
    Take their hand and comfort them and tell them not to cry.
    For dogs don’t die, they simply cross a bridge to paradise.
    Oh that was one beautiful poem...well there goes the winning 2 day streak I had going not getting choked up! That was incredibly thoughtful of your JeannieCO. But then again, everyone on this website seems very caring, warming and thoughtful. Thank you, again. Mike

  9. #33
    Kennel Cleaner airmike1's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mike Sutherland
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida, United States
    Posts
    77
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elliott.
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: The passing of my beloved Sir Winston Edward "Pumpkin Doodle"

    I am sorry for Orion passing away this last January. 12.5 years is testament on you and your family taking great care on the raising of Orion! I am grateful that Winston lived as long as he did...I am finding more peace now. Your poem however, cleared my sinuses :-)
    Mike

  10. #34
    Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    laurendoodler's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,070
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)
    27

    Default Re: The passing of my beloved Sir Winston Edward "Pumpkin Doodle"

    I am so very sorry for your loss.

    Winston was such a beautiful boy and he had a wonderful life with you. Run free at the bridge, Winston.


  11. #35
    Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JeannieCO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Conifer, Colorado
    Posts
    13,413
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)
    620

    Default Re: The passing of my beloved Sir Winston Edward "Pumpkin Doodle"

    Quote Originally Posted by airmike1 View Post
    I am sorry for Orion passing away this last January. 12.5 years is testament on you and your family taking great care on the raising of Orion! I am grateful that Winston lived as long as he did...I am finding more peace now. Your poem however, cleared my sinuses :-)
    Mike
    I figured your sinuses would be clear. My husband was only able to let me read it to him just two weeks ago. Orion was his boy. One of our other boys (an AmStaff) lived to two months shy of 15 (I cried for a solid month). I find that tears help in the healing, so much for your 2 day streak . Again I am very very sorry to see about Pumpkin Doodles passing (makes me sad for you).

  12. #36
    ..........
    Real Name
    Jenn
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: The passing of my beloved Sir Winston Edward "Pumpkin Doodle"

    Oh my gosh I am so sorry. Winston was a beautiful bully! Could almost pass for a brother to my boy. I hope time helps to heal your broken heart, it is just so unfair these pups dont live longer. Sounds like he was as lucky to have you as you were him.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •