Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The passing of my beloved Sir Winston Edward "Pumpkin Doodle"

Real Name
    Mike Sutherland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elliott.
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The passing of my beloved Sir Winston Edward "Pumpkin Doodle"

Thank you, MatildasMommy. I love the name "Sassy Pants," for your bully.

What a heartfelt tribute to Winston, who was clearly a very important part of your family. I can sympathize as I lost my 11 year old bully in January 2011 and to be honest, the house still feels so quiet after nearly 6 months.
    I find great comfort though in the thought that I could be part of a bulldogs life and I am sure Winston knew how greatly he was loved. I hope the pain soon lessens and happy memories are left in return.
    Strength

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Goodbye sweet Sir Pumpkin Doodle. Thank you for loving your best friend and being there for him, you will be truly missed.

Real Name
    Mike Sutherland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elliott.
    Likes (Received)

I would also like to thanks to the additional following people here who have touched me with warm thoughts:

Becky "Jakeisgreat", Fontanafox, BruceP, KMARINO, LucysMum, Kim Sebastion n Oliver, Desertskybulldogs, Cali baker, Michellek, andsavemejeebus .

Wow, I am really grateful of the nice folks here on this forum who responded to my memorial to Winston. I really wished that I found this forum years ago instead of now after Winston has passed. However, I am glad that I have found the nice people here where we share a common interest, the love of our English bullies. As I work through the grief of missing Winston, it has been therapeutic to look at all of the pictures of everyones bullies. The nicknames really harmonize with the unique personalities of these gentle creatures. Thank you, again.

Mike Sutherland

I am so sorry for your loss..

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

oh my heart hurts for you as well. thank you for sharing your BEAUTIFUL story..and remember on the days when it is hard, that you beloved FRIEND wants to look down on you and see you smile.. he doesn't want you hurting.. hang on to the wonderful memories.. we are all in this together.. nothing in life is forever EXCEPT love and the two of you definetly experienced that.. he was lucky to have you and you were to have him.. Hang in there..
    BIG HUGS

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by airmike1 View Post
    I would also like to thanks to the additional following people here who have touched me with warm thoughts:

Becky "Jakeisgreat", Fontanafox, BruceP, KMARINO, LucysMum, Kim Sebastion n Oliver, Desertskybulldogs, Cali baker, Michellek, andsavemejeebus .

Wow, I am really grateful of the nice folks here on this forum who responded to my memorial to Winston. I really wished that I found this forum years ago instead of now after Winston has passed. However, I am glad that I have found the nice people here where we share a common interest, the love of our English bullies. As I work through the grief of missing Winston, it has been therapeutic to look at all of the pictures of everyones bullies. The nicknames really harmonize with the unique personalities of these gentle creatures. Thank you, again.

Mike Sutherland
    and please stay on the site.. we are all friends through our bullies we will help you through!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Winston
    Likes (Received)

Our bully is named Winston, too. We're so sorry for your loss. He looked so adorable with such a cute face...I can't imagine how much you had to go through in an event like this. We love our bully so much it hurts. May he rest in peace.

Real Name
    Mike Sutherland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elliott.
    Likes (Received)

Tomorrow (Saturday) makes one full week since the passing of my Winston. I never would have imagined how tough of a journey this has become, and that I yet face. Today, I brought Winston's ashes home. He loved being home with me. With a part of Winston home, I feel a little (just a little) at peace. Maybe I am on the right track to dealing with the grief?

I did however, overindulge on Dove dark chocolate candy and am now writing this as my stomach settles down. I could only imagine the glare that my Winston would give me while sitting at my feet as I am eating that candy...you know, the head tilt from the wrapper making the noise and the elephant ears with focussed stare at the candy in my hands. I have been enjoying admiring at many of the bully pictures from the members of this wonderful site. The many pictures show how big and wonderful the personalities are of our bullys. The collective idiosyncrasies of our bullys are so amazingly similar.

Thank you, everyone, for being here for me!

Mike

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Aww Mike..I have found bringing the ashes home was so hard. I cannot go pick them up. Once they are home..I usually decorate the cans they arrive in..with their names and something silly I remember most about them. Sigh. I don't get fancy urns..just the cans..brightly colored paper on them and my artwork! I have a shelf in my hall closet..that currently holds an abundance of these precious cans. We've told our daughters..suppose someday they can spread ALL of us together in a favorite place. We do what we have to and I think you are doing just fine. I'm so sorry this had to happen and you are missing sweet Winston. You will ALWAYS have a hole in you heart that's just for him. But eventually you will smile when remembering him...and because he was a bully..I'm sure you will laugh out loud.

Also..bananas counteract too much chocolate! This I'm an expert on!!

Feed Store Operator Angievelvet's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Also..bananas counteract too much chocolate! This I'm an expert on!!

Great to know! Also Mike I hope it gets easier for you soon. I'm sure this is going to be a long process.
    Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

So sorry for your loss of Winston, and sorry this is late. I know how if feels to loose a good friend and remember he will always be with you in your heart and through the memories, until the day you are again joined together. He was a beautiful bully and we will miss him also.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads