Beef

tpf0612

Jun 23, 2011
Salado, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sam
Some of you guys have asked that I post a little bit about my first bulldog Beef. I Picked up beef in Aug of 09. He was formerly with a couple who had had him since he was a puppy and had to give him up because they had recently had a child and the child has some medical issues that needed all of their attention. So they surrendered him to the LSBRC in Dallas. I had inquired about a bulldog from those guys and they suggested Beef even tho he was a little older. I went to meet Beef and it was honestly love at first sight. His foster parents had him segragated from their other bullies because Beef could go from sweet bulldog to hellhound around other dogs at the drop of a hat. So his foster momma called for beef and this big shambling Bulldog comes out from the back bedroom and looks at me like...so whats it gonna be guy? We going home or not?
I gladly paid the adoption fee and took him out to my car...where upon opening the passenger door he hopped right in like he had been doing it forever. Unfortunatly, not to terribly soon after I got Beef I was deployed to Iraq, where I didnt get to see my bully agian for almost a year. He stayed with my girlfriend at the time...my wife now, for the deployment. I got to see him on my mid tour leave and of course when I got home, where I spoiled him rotten, loving on him and feeding him too much table food, to include hamburgers from whataburger...which he loved. Beef and I had 8 months together after I got home when he finally passed over the Rainbow Bridge in early March, not to long past his ELEVENTH birthday. He was sucha good boy, a loving companion and a loyal to the end friend. I miss him everyday and all the crazy stuff he used to do. Rest easy Big Beefer's Mommy and Daddy Love you!!!

Attachments

• beef.jpg
    beef.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 64
  • beefsunglasses.jpg
    beefsunglasses.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 65
  • beef and the porsche.jpg
    beef and the porsche.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 71
  • beef5.jpg
    beef5.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 73

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
:*(God, what a story. It makes me happy to know you had him and you gave him all of your love and that you came back to him safe. god bless you for taking him in, and making his little life a happy one. He got to know love and hugs and fun! you gave Him a furever home!:heart:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thank you for sharing that. Sounds like you were very fortunate to have had him in your life (and vice versa)!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I really loved your story, thank you for sharing Beef with us. He was so handsome, bless you for giving him a good life til his final days.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thank you so much for sharing your and Beefs story. Having loved and lost many dogs..there is NOTHING like the love of an "old" dog! We learn a lifetime of lessons from them..all you have to do is open your heart. It's obvious he did that to and for you! His face shows his love. Also..thanks for your service..

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
So happy Beef had a good life with you and your wife. The name suits him and I can see in his pictures that he was a happy camper. :up:

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
oh your story just warmed my heart and I agree the pictures just say it all. I am sure he will forever be in your heart.. and how great that you were able to give him such a great home/life in his final years. :yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.