Goodbye is so hard

chubstyle1

Mar 15, 2010
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Tinkerbell, aka- Chubstyle, Stinkerball, & Big Love to name a few
My BEAUTIFUL bully girl has gone. She passed away this Friday evening (May 6th) at around 530pm. She was at home surrounded by her family-hearing all the kids sounds she was familiar with,and went quietly to the corner to rest. Though we had been expecting it for about a week, with her slowing down and not wanting to eat much, it still hit hard. She was our funny rolly-poly, the dog my boys have had their whole lives. I am crying now remembering the day I first saw her before she was even weaned! She was 2 months away from her 9th birthday.
"Tinkerbell Buttercup, you were the most fun,caring,playful friend to the end! The day I met you was the beginning of a life together that I couldnt have ever imagined would have been so fulfilling and I can only hope you felt the same. We saw so many things together and started to raise 3 boys that will always miss you. You were my pal and my comforter. I will miss your snuffles and snores. I will miss you crawling up on the couch when I was sick or sad...either way you always knew the difference. Thank you for being the sweetest of your litter because I saw that in you and it made me know I couldnt be without you. I'm not sure my heart will ever fully heal. I hope you know you were one very loved girl. I wish I could hug you once more and tears flow again. You werent just my friend you were the baby girl I raised. I hope you feel peaceful now sweeheart. XOXO"

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=251]chubstyle1[/MENTION] I'm sorry you have to go through losing a friend a family member, but hopefully the brightness of her memories and knowing that you provided her a loving home will continue to bring you smiles as you remember her.

esteppbonnie

May 1, 2011
I am so sorry for your loss, I lost my boy April 15th. He was 10 years and 4 months. His heart just gave out. He too was my baby and best friend. the house is so empty. I understant the pain you are feeling. Tears still flow, triggered by may things. I wake up in the night to silence where it used to be snores. He was always by my side. Hold on to your memories. My prayers are with you.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I am so sorry. We have been through this and know what you are feeling. After reading this..I know she was loved more than words can explain..and I know she knew that she was loved and loved some more. She is at the bridge and while waiting there..she is feeling just like that sweet pup you raised..running and playing with ALL of our sweet babies.

Bailey McCandless

Feb 24, 2011
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Blake, Bentley, Brittany
So sorry for your loss. I had to put my boxer to sleep 2 years ago due to cancer and it was the hardest thing to do not only b/c he was my first son, but b/c of the way my kids took it. I pray that your heartache will ease.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am so sorry for your and your family's loss. I am glad to know she was well loved and she knows it too. :hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That was a beautiful tribute to her memory, thank you for sharing. Bless you both. xxoo

Rosiesmom

Apr 3, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie aka Rosebud, Rosie Posie
*tears* I'm so sorry for your loss. Keep remembering the good times you guys had together. You two will see each other again one day. :hug:

Erika

Apr 6, 2011
Austin, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess, Boss Lady P, P Dawg
So sorry for your loss! It brought tears to my eyes. So glad you and your family was with her. That is so sweet. She knew you all cared and loved her to be at her side! Thats a wonderful thing!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
This heartbreaking, but your strength to post such an amazing tribute about her is amazing. We all come to that day and we all wish we wouldn't. If only pets would live longer than humans, for some pets are more loving and caring than humans, I guess God just wants them first.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
Thinking of you during this time, words are never enough but just know everyone is here for you. Know that she is waiting for you and that there was no greater love

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.