We lost precious Sophie June 12, 2020

TooTooMommy

Jun 17, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meaty, Sophie, & sometimes fosters
Amazing that 8 days have passed already since our precious 9-year-old Sophie went to the Rainbow Bridge. Hubbs and I have shed many tears, and we're also looking for signs that our 11-year-old bulldog Meaty is grieving. He hasn't shown any signs yet--- but it breaks my heart even MORE to think of him missing his sweet baby sister. Honestly, for Meaty's sake, I hope he's NOT actually grieving.

We've lost 2 foster/ hospice bulldogs, and that pain was obviously very hard. I STILL cry when I see photos/ videos of them. But Sophie had been with us since puppyhood, so it's a bit different.

All I know is, I HATE that our precious pets get such short lives! Do any of you wonder about that like I do?

Her FULL name was Sophie Bubbles Rapscallion Our last name. :)

LpQORaE.jpg

cTUip7I.jpg

I wanted her to have a cheerleader outfit to visit her Daddy's Alma Mater, but NO companies made them in her (doggie) size, sooooo, I just ordered a little (human) girls' dress. :yes:

Lclx7PB.jpg

Halloween without Sophie is going to be sooo sad !!!!:( Many neighbors said
they looked forward to seeing the "house with the bulldogs" every year.
C2l49Ia.jpg

02x8eEP.jpg

iUerjYI.jpg

0jiFcEZ.jpg

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
She's beautiful. And what a great life she was blessed with. Prayers for your healing. :heart::hug2:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a wonderful blessed life you gave her and she you..... photos ar hard at first, but in time they will warm your heart and give you a smile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
So sorry for your loss.... she was sure precious!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so very sorry for your loss, Sophie was precious and obviously very well loved by your family. RIP sweet girl :angelheart:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Beautiful Sophie Bubbles Rapscallion, May you R.I.P.

7C09FEA3-25DA-4E12-A09C-869457681B6D.jpeg

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
So sorry for your loss. I wish you all well.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We are so sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing those lovely photos of your Sophie.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sophie-a beautiful little girl, now a beautiful memory. As stated, now you cry looking at her photos, eventually you will be able to smile at the wonderful memories. So sorry for your loss. "A person who has never owned a dog has missed a wonderful part of life"-Bob Barker Rest in peace, Sophie-you were so loved.:heart:

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
We are very sorry to hear about Sophie and her passing. Prayers going out to you and your crew during this difficult time.

BullyAngel7.jpg

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
While Sophie is gone, she is not forgotten. She was so blessed to have been surrounded by people that loved her. Nonetheless, sorry for your loss.

Jan 22, 2020
WV
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oscar
So sorry for your loss! I too wonder why their precious lives have to be so short compared to ours. It doesn’t seem fair.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
What a beautiful girl. I am so very sorry for your loss.

You would know if Meaty is grieving. Our dachshund grieved for both Chumly and Monty. More so with Chumly as he grew up with him. He was very quiet, didn't want to go outside, slept most of the time. After Chumly, he came out of it when we got Monty and after Monty, when we got Buster. It is very sad to see as you can't explain to them why their buddy isn't there anymore.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.