Fly Bird Fly

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Curly fought a good fight against lymphoma and this early morning we helped him cross the rainbow bridge.

He woke me up around 1 AM gasping for air. I realized he was unable to lay down and breathe. He was disoriented and I knew he was done trying to fight.

He was 6 years, 10 months, 3 days old.

There were a lot of things that made him special...

He loved catch. We could grow a pea at him and he could catch it. He loved ball.

He loved cheese. A huge obsession. His favorite cheese was the stinkiest cheese you could find.

He loved babies and would follow them everywhere. He was truly a protector of all humans.

He loved cats way more than dogs. He had cat like behaviors - he even cleaned his face like a cat. We used to say he was trans-species.

He loved order and we nicknamed him the Kernel because of his OCD like behaviors.

We called him Bird because a Colonel is a Full bird and he also chirped like a bird at times

We called him Birdito, which changed into burrito.

He had a special call, called the Bird Call, which was the only way he would get out of bed...

He was our buddy and we are going to miss him immensely.

Fly Bird Fly
70b1d5db7430bec01f1d2ae0bfca95aa.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Send much love and hugs.

Rest well sweet boy I will miss you so much —- your antics and sweet ways!

Nu- thank you so much for sharing him with us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
This thread is absolutely beautiful... I LOVE it (even though I'm in tears) and Curly was an amazing bully!!! My heart hurts for you and the family... I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to help him cross over the rainbow bridge... and he is finally at peace.
RIP Curly :angelheart:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
We all love you,Curly, and will miss you. You fought a good fight to stay, but only you knew when it was time for you to go. I am crying tears for you,as I'm sure everyone is.Sending prayers for your family that is left behind,but with many loving memories of you. As your mom said, you fly free,and free of pain. I know you will have many friends at the rainbow bridge,until you reunite with your loving family. You were so loved. :angelheart::pray: Condolences to your loving family.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So sorry for your loss. Curly Will be missed. Such a beautiful baby... R.I.P. BIG Guy

B0682D60-00F9-46A8-BD1F-6D795359B3FF.jpeg

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am so sorry. He was a beautiful boy and I know how much you will miss him. We will too. RIP Curly and sweet dreams.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I'm so sorry. The entire English bulldog community will miss Curly, RIP.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
So sad to be reading this. He lived a good life and knew he was loved. Hugs.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh dear, sweet Curly! What a fighter he was! I’m so very sorry!!! I pray that all of the wonderful memories bring you comfort somehow!

Big bully hugs from Joey and I

KimberlyS

Apr 20, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
I’m so sorry for your loss!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Breaks our hears... Prayers for peace..

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
So sorry but also relieved that he is free from pain and sufferring. He is also very fortunate to have been surrounded by people that loved him!!.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor and I think of you. I believe bulldog heaven is a place of perfect happiness and that Curly knows how much he is loved by you and your husband and other creatures close to him. In Swedish, there is a saying that children who are dearly loved carry many names, and that is certainly true for Curly. Thank you for sharing so much about Curly and his life.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.