Regina "Reggie" November 24 2009 - December 16 2019

susan

Mar 14, 2010
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
Rudy and Reggie
I posted in July about Reggie and her "dent" on her head.
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/general-bulldog-talk/60506-skull-rays-anesthesia.html
I was able to have over 4 months of normal life with her. She ran around, went for walks, cuddled and enjoyed car rides. Her quality of life was great.
On Monday (December 16) my husband took her out for her morning walk. On the way to our door she collapsed. He could see were we losing her and ran in the house and grabbed me. I went outside and she perked up a bit. We brought her in and I lied aside of her and rubbed her and kissed her and told her I love her. She took her last breath with me by her side. She was such a gift and I was lucky to have been with her at the end.
I appreciate the support from you helping me with my decision to let her live the rest of her life the way we did.
She was such a wonderful companion.
RIP my sweet Reggie.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So sad for you. Unfortunately,I have been there many times and it never gets easier. Love is great but loss is such pain. I always try to tell -think of how lucky we were to have them and their love. I know you are so heartbroken now. She loved you as much as you loved her .No matter how much time, it is never enough.My prayers are with you.:pray::heart:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Most of us been there. Very hard to read post when our members or anyone looses their fur baby. You know, you had her for 10 beautiful years. She even made it home to see you before she pass. You will alway cherish those last moments with her. She will always be looking from above.

0B0D62EE-FFF4-4C41-B26D-71CF9E03BFA9.jpeg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So very sorry she has past... you have her a wonderful life and did right by her.

Sending hugs and prayers to you all.

Run and play sweet Reggie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Thinking of you att this difficult time. She made it home and you were there for her. Thanks for sharing that memory with us.

Mmaker

Feb 21, 2016
New Mexico
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elsie
Sorry for your loss. Sending hugs and prayer for you and your family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
susan

susan

Mar 14, 2010
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
Rudy and Reggie
Thank you. It helps sharing with people who understand and love bulldogs as much as I do.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you. It helps sharing with people who understand and love bulldogs as much as I do.

((((Hugs)))))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh I am so very very sorry for your loss!!!! I can just feel the amazing love that you shared with Reggie, what a blessing to have had enjoyed such a deep bond. I pray that somehow you find comfort at the terrible time. Again, I am so very sorry!!!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so very sorry for your loss... RIP Sweet Reggie :angelheart:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I know you did everything you could to spoil her while she was with you for 10 years...like great Bulldog parents do!.
Rest in peace, Regina.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online