Ibrakeforbrachys

Dec 6, 2017
Tacoma, WA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
It is with a heavy heart that I have to write and say we had to help our boy over the bridge on Saturday. We got Bacon from an ad on Craigslist in September of 2017. I knew from the moment I saw him that he needed us. Little did I know how much we needed him. We were told he was 7 at the time we got him. We put much love, money and effort into getting him healthy. Multiple ear infections, nose fold/tail pocket issues and getting his weight down. After we did his TECA this past summer his true happy personality really started shining through. He was playful, loving and so very happy. We noticed a few weeks ago that his appetite was lessening, and took him to the vet. After multiple tests/procedures we found out he had COPD and bronchitis/pneumonia. We tried so hard to get him through the illness; including 4 days in oxygen.

His body was tired. We knew... He died peacefully at home with us, his Momma and Daddy, and Pug brother and sister.

We will never forget you, my boo boos... we love you always.

Love,
Momma and Daddy.

20190207_0918442.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So incredibly sorry for the loss of your handsome boy. My heart hurts for you, but thank you so much for saving him, showing him so much love and giving him a wonderful home .

Hugs and prayers to you all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Oh, I am sorry. What a wonderful life you gave him though and I am sure he knew it. RIP sweet boy.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
So sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing Bacon's story and picture with us.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Sorry for you loss. Thank you for giving g this sweetie the love that he deserved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So sorry to hear about your loss. You’ve given him a beautiful life. Bacon is in a better place now. Pain free. R.I.P. Bacon :angelheart:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
So Very sorry for the loss of your baby, he spent the last couple of years of his life with a loving family who cared so much for him.
sending hugs to you.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh I am so very sorry for your loss!!! I pray that the wonderful joy that Bacon brought and that YOU brought him will somehow bring you comfort. BIG BULLY hugs from Joey and I

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=17844]Ibrakeforbrachys[/MENTION] Just read your post, and I am so sorry for your loss. You gave Bacon the best life he'd ever had, while he was with you. Time with him was short, but no matter, it is never enough. The quality of the time is the important part-especially for Bacon. Knowing he was so loved and cared for,were the last memories he had, and you are very sad, but should be very proud of the life you gave him-no matter the length. :heart:

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Very sorry for your loss. I only had 1 year and 3 months with Mickey before he passed away from cancer, but it was the best 1 year and 3 months in my life. :angelheart::angelheart:

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
I am so very sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you and your family.
I pray that all the love and happy memories you made together bring you all comfort in the days ahead.

Bacon you are a beautiful boy, now a true angel...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
We lost our girl Bacon on Thursday 3/28/19. Like you, we are gutted. Thank you for loving and caring so well for your sweet Bacon. Hugs to you from a fellow grieving bulldog mama.

Bacon sleeping office cropped.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online