Henny has crossed the Rainbow Bridge

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Our house is grieving the loss of Miss Henny Penny, our Frenchie rescue from Last December. She was on steroids after her hemivertibrae starting compressing her spine causing paralysis, inability to urinate on own and incontinence of feces. She had an appointment this week with a neurosurgeon. Yesterday morning I found her in her kennel not breathing, the cause I am unclear. She did not have any noted side effects from the prednisone nor any indications of worsening Saturday. I had kept her on strict crate rest except brief periods downstairs with the crew. We have cried and cried. I find myself grabbing 5 snacks instead of 4. I tried being superficial and was not ready to share my grief with EBN or facebook.
Henny was only 3 years old (approximately) and a joy. Her happiest moments were laying on the bed next to me and looking me in the eye. After her injury, she couldnt sleep with me because I was afraid she would jump off so I would go to be early so she could lay with me before crate time. Her fur family misses her. The below picture was taken the night before. I pulled out a towel for her and Arnold tried to push her off, so I got him one. Then Bertha tried to push him off so I got her a towel. Henny was loved by us all. :cry::tissue:

beach party.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I am so so sorry for your loss. With all the health issues little Miss Henry Penny was going through, she is finally pain free. R.I.P. and run free lovely girl. :angelheart:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww I'm so sorry to hear about Penny, and so,sorry for your loss. We are never ready to let our fur babies go, and they always take a piece of our hearts with them. You made as much a difference in her life, as she did to yours, which is what owning a pet is all about unconditional love. You made her life better, and she knew she was loved. RIP sweet girl, you were loved, and you will be missed.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 177

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
So sorry to hear this. Bulldog heaven is a beautiful place for beloved dogs.

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Our house is grieving the loss of Miss Henny Penny, our Frenchie rescue from Last December. She was on steroids after her hemivertibrae starting compressing her spine causing paralysis, inability to urinate on own and incontinence of feces. She had an appointment this week with a neurosurgeon. Yesterday morning I found her in her kennel not breathing, the cause I am unclear. She did not have any noted side effects from the prednisone nor any indications of worsening Saturday. I had kept her on strict crate rest except brief periods downstairs with the crew. We have cried and cried. I find myself grabbing 5 snacks instead of 4. I tried being superficial and was not ready to share my grief with EBN or facebook.
Henny was only 3 years old (approximately) and a joy. Her happiest moments were laying on the bed next to me and looking me in the eye. After her injury, she couldnt sleep with me because I was afraid she would jump off so I would go to be early so she could lay with me before crate time. Her fur family misses her. The below picture was taken the night before. I pulled out a towel for her and Arnold tried to push her off, so I got him one. Then Bertha tried to push him off so I got her a towel. Henny was loved by us all. :cry::tissue:

View attachment 109501

I am so sorry to read of Henny’s death. You both fought the good fight and brought such love to each other. Know that I will be thinking of you during this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Such a beautiful little girl.... you gave her a great full year of loving and fun.... what a treasure to have had her.
Sending you lots of love and hugs my west coast soul sister --- so very sorry for the loss of your sweet girl.

(((hug)))

Call if you need anything.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I am so very sorry for your loss! So young!!! Sounds like she brought you so much joy! I pray that you find comfort knowing that. So awful, I am really sorry!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=3123]agingermom[/MENTION] I am so sorry to hear about Henny Penny. I know it is a shock, but sometimes it makes it easier,though no less sad, that we don't have to make that decision. You gave her a loving happy home and made her short time very special, and that was the BEST you could do,and I am sure she never had it so good. She knew she was loved and it was her time-knowing love and happiness I am sure she died peacefully. Her little happy self is now pain free waiting at the rainbow bridge.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm so sorry to see this. She is running free and healthy now. Hugs to all

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Know that after you rescued her, she lived as good a life as possible. You certainly did all you could for her.
Rest in Peace little girl.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
This breaks my heart. I am so sorry for your loss.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I am so sorry for your loss. I am thankful that Henny Penny was able to know love and joy with your crew and family. That is so important - she will live on in our hearts and memories!
Sending prayers for comfort and strength during this difficult time of loss.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am so sorry for your loss. RIP little one.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online