lgajohnymac

Oct 1, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Summer
Oh I clearly recall the day you came to live with me in the spring of 2006. In a snug crate you sat panting as you were unloaded from the hour-ish ride back from near Taylorsville, NC. My sig-o at the time wanted a dog and found you. A English Bulldog adult. I was told not push your head around, and proceeded to do just that finding out why. For three days you panted and worried. I fell for you and then sig-o took off leaving you with me. We managed OK and then came Megan. Soon we were on our way to a house with a yard! The years piled up quick after that. Work took me out of town weekly, fortunately I could take you with me. Your health problems started in 2012, vestibular episode 1. Then came cancer and a poisoning incident in 2015. Vestibular episode 2 2016. And dementia. For all of that, you were tough, and I was right there pulling for you.

I miss most your happy moments. Rolling in the grass getting sun on your belly. Using that same belly (the cooler) to chill on the vinyl flooring after a walk in the summer. The awful sounding panting that worried me the first few times. Your stubborn walks, which oddly sometimes you decided were talking too long and started running...The bounding in the 17 inches of snow in December of 2009. The "funny bulldog snores herself awake" video that earned you food money for a year and others.

Summer I will miss most knowing you are well, and loved. Only the former can be taken from you and me. Always love, bulldog.

Happiness https://youtu.be/vmzW9Aw4ob8
https://youtu.be/DQVb6rsVHY4

IMG_0385.JPGIMG_0227.JPGDSC_0053.jpg~original.jpg20171018_022703.jpgSummer Face.jpgIMG_1023.JPGIMG_1020.JPGsummerface.jpg

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
What a beautiful tribute to your fur baby. They steal your heart with the first snore, and the rest is history. Thanks for sharing your joy with us.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Rest in peace Sweet Summer. You had a wonderful life full of love

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
what a sweetheart, and her story... I pray for peace and comfort to you.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Prayers are coming your way, a Beautiful tribute to a Beautiful Girl Summer. She is with Jesus now, one day you will meet again, never to part.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.