Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our 'Baby', has crossed the rainbow bridge.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Our 'Baby', has crossed the rainbow bridge.

Yes, I agree. Some dogs mourn,as we do, and then they adjust. Other dogs just don't adjust, and need a new buddy. You will have to see how i t goes for Mugsy. Two weeks should be enough time to see if Mugs is doing alright. @Mugmug
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    Uk
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley
    Likes (Received)

So very sorry to here about your Bully, it kills me when i read these posts and to be honest i am a coward and very rarely do read these posts because i get too upset myself at the thought of anyone losing there beloved Bully. It sounds as though she was loved dearly and was so lucky to find your family.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mugsy, Baby (RIP), & Romeo
    Likes (Received)

Thank you, everyone for your kind words. It has been most therapeutic for both my wife and I talking about our loss.

Here's a little update, Thursday night, after we sent Baby on her way, my wife allowed Mugsy to sleep in the master bedroom... His bed was placed the and he's been comfortable... Really just living in the moment. Ever morning when we come down stairs he looks around and gives us confused looks as he's having his breakfast. He was used to having breakfast next to baby.

To be completely honest, we haven't seen a change in his behaviors or any signs of depression...it might still be too soon perhaps?

Things aren't the same in the house, though. Even though we know this was for the best, something is missing. Mugsy is all energetic and baby would just walk around the house sniffing things and searching for what piece of furniture would scratch her butt best.

Not sure a new pup is in the picture at any point in the near future since my wife and I are expecting our 1st child in about a month. Mugsy's new best friend! -20171008_142527-jpg-20170526_131726-jpg
    -received_10210860437896081-jpeg

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mugmug View Post
    Thank you, everyone for your kind words. It has been most therapeutic for both my wife and I talking about our loss.

Here's a little update, Thursday night, after we sent Baby on her way, my wife allowed Mugsy to sleep in the master bedroom... His bed was placed the and he's been comfortable... Really just living in the moment. Ever morning when we come down stairs he looks around and gives us confused looks as he's having his breakfast. He was used to having breakfast next to baby.

To be completely honest, we haven't seen a change in his behaviors or any signs of depression...it might still be too soon perhaps?

Things aren't the same in the house, though. Even though we know this was for the best, something is missing. Mugsy is all energetic and baby would just walk around the house sniffing things and searching for what piece of furniture would scratch her butt best.

Not sure a new pup is in the picture at any point in the near future since my wife and I are expecting our 1st child in about a month. Mugsy's new best friend! -20171008_142527-jpg-20170526_131726-jpg
    -received_10210860437896081-jpeg
    Congratulations!! Hope all goes well... keep us posted on Mugsy and the new baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Congratulations on your soon to be baby I say they're pretty cool too, And would Love to have you share that one as well

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    Congratulations on your soon to be baby I say they're pretty cool too, And would Love to have you share that one as well

Thankm you, Hankster! Hope Mugsy helps with potty training! hahaha

Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Thankm you, Hankster! Hope Mugsy helps with potty training! hahaha
    cracking up at the thought.... now, you crawl over here, and lift your leg like this, .... and there ya go ........ Sooooooooooo, im kinda guessing ya might not count on him being a real good helper at that HA! ... especially if its a girl

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Well, I believe Mugsy is showing signs of loss and depression. Constantly looking around for his companion and looking up at us as if asking where she is. We gave him a stuffed bulldog plush to cuddle with last night and he went right to sleep.

-20171011_220220-jpg

11. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Well, I believe Mugsy is showing signs of loss and depression. Constantly looking around for his companion and looking up at us as if asking where she is. We gave him a stuffed bulldog plush to cuddle with last night and he went right to sleep.

-20171011_220220-jpg
    Awwa man where's the magic wand when you need it....what's one to do when your hands are tie....only time will heal with lots of bully cuddles.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

-20171011_220220-jpg
    my goodness what a heartbreakingly precious photo.... give him a big fat hug and kiss from me
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

-20171011_220220-jpg
    What a sweet heart! I hope with each day it gets better for all. so dear they are.

15. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads