Its been a hard year and Farley Foo went to the rainbow bridge

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farley Foo (8 1/2 yrs old) RIP My precious FarlyFoo 7/24/2017
Well everyone,I haven't been posting much in over a year. I have had major events happen in my life. I must say that looking back everything seems surreal and in a fog. It started last September when my 16 year old Boston Terrier had a brain tumor and passed. Then October my precious mom was diagnosed with pancreatic and ovarian cancer. 1 week later my 13 year old Boston Terrier was diagnosed with a non treatable cancer of the blood. Both she and my mom passed the same day after Thanksgiving. I kept wondering just how much more I could possibly take. But somehow I managed. I managed because I had my sweet Farley still by my side as well as my hubby. We decided to put our house up for sale in July, I kid you not Farley seemed to look like he was starting to age fast. He wasn't wanting to jump in the tub for his baths, he was sleeping even more and seemed to look bloated. The week before we had our home on the market he choked and stopped breathing with his evening meal. I was close by and somehow I managed to do the Heimlich maneuver and dislodged his food. (He never had choked ever!!) Farley was admitted to the emergency hospital in Spring. They did xrays and found that he had aspirated and it appeared that both lungs were full of fluid that may be cancerous mass or pneumonia. He was sent home with antibiotics the next afternoon. They also said his heart was enlarged and there was pockets of air in his chest? I never heard of that before. Anyhow, my precious boy I thought was going to pull through ended up dying 4 days later. He apparently overheated himself, when we left the house for groceries. He must have been feeling good enough to get worked up. I felt so guilty!! I feel like I should have never left the house that day. I look back and there really isn't much I could have done. I think now that he probably did have more seriously wrong with him inside. Either way, I am just broken with him being gone. He was my rescue bully I adopted and he came so far from the day we brought him home. We had him only 5 years of his life. He was about 8 1/2 when he passed. I do know that he had a very loved and pampered life with us. A HUGE difference from being a puppy mill stud. I'll always cherish his memories. At this time, I don't think that I can own another Bulldog. Maybe one day... I do know will always hold English Bulldogs dear to my heart. God bless~ And hug your bullies a little tighter
Farley snooze.JPGFarley and chewy.jpgFarley TShirt.jpgphoto (89).JPGFarley Tub.jpgFarley Chillin.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Jenny... what a heartbreaking year you've had-- sending you many hugs and prayers of love, support and strength.

So sorry for all your losses - they will always be with your.

Rest In Peace sweet Farley.

:angelheart:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=13241]JennyBean[/MENTION], I'm speechless, I am so so sorry for everything you just went through. Not much anyone can say. Life sure can get in the way or just throw us a stick in our wheels and we come to a halt. Losing your mom, your terrier n then Farley.... You're a strong woman a good soul to have taken Farley into your home. I know it doesn't seem like it right now but it will get better. Like you said, you manage and understood you did everything you can. Your puppies are with your mom looking over you. Stay strong and we're always here for you.
:assurred::angelheart:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
WOW, so sorry you had to got through all that, and so sorry for your loss.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.