My heart is broken, I lost my baby

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] wow everything is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing, what a beautiful way to displaying some of there stuff.

It brings a smile to my face and warms my heart every time I look at them. The loved and taught me so much ❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BethD

Oct 18, 2016
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosco
I'm so so sorry for your loss! I would get one of his pups and like others have said, when you feel ready is when you will bring him home. I wouldn't wait as long as I did though. I have lost a dog before and it was very hard. The things everyone are saying are true. It does get a little easier everyday. Every dog is different too. So you won't be replacing yours just a different kind of love. Just like our kids. I was sick when our first dog left us. Our new bully Rosco has brought so much joy to our lives and we love him so much. He's my baby also since my kids are close to your kids ages. I completely understand that love you have for him, as do everyone else on here I'm sure.

Both of the dogs I've had since being married were so special but in COMPLETELY different ways. I even told myself that if we got another dog it wouldn't be as good as our first. I waited years before getting Rosco. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't have waited. He has blessed us in a way I never would've imagined. I don't miss my other dog any less and I don't ever compare the two. They are just so different.

I hope you can find some peace soon. Thinking and prayer for you and the others that have lost their babies recently.

BethD

Oct 18, 2016
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosco
Oh I forgot to mention. That when we got Rosco, I actually still hadn't agreed to another dog yet. My husband brought him home, surprise[emoji15] the first month or two I did all the things that us moms and dads do to care for them. Wipe wrinkles, take them to potty, scroll the EBN forum Day and night, etc. I still really didn't want a dog. I wasn't mean or anything, I just didn't want him on my couch, in my face, or anything. He could be the kids dog or my husbands dog. Then I don't know how or when it just changed and he finally became my baby. Which it should be noted that he really chose me from day 1, so I just finally accepted it. I guess my point to this is, even if your not ready or don't think you are, if everyone else in the family is, you should consider bringing one home for them. Over time you won't regret the new addition. He or she will either be another baby you hold close to your heart or it will be a new addition to your family that you love but that is closer to dad or kids.

Again, thinking and praying for you and your family.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I would like to echo the other members here and send our sincerest condolences to you and your family on the loss of your beloved Dexter. Sending prayers your way. --rj

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
God Bless You, So Sorry for your loss. He is at Heaven with Jesus, and waiting until you join him one day to never part again. Prayers and Love are coming your way.

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo
I would like to echo the other members here and send our sincerest condolences to you and your family on the loss of your beloved Dexter. Sending prayers your way. --rj

Thank you!

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo
Hello everyone! It's been 15 weeks 2 days since my sweet Dexter passed. I just waned to give an update since I had mention I had an option of keeping one of Dexters sons. The breeder had one of his boys, And just this weekend he moved in with us! I wasn't very sure I waned another Bulldog, I was grieving and wasn't ready for all the work a puppy brings, but seen how the breeder was treating the puppy made me change my mind. And my heart just really needed him with us in our home.
Everyone was right I was very lucky my Dexter had just had this litter and Im keeping his first born! He's helping my family heal and our grieving process a little easier!
We have named him Renzo (pronounced Henzo) he's almost 4 months old. He's full of energy, I'm working on training him. I still cry because I miss Dexter. But it's so nice to see my human children smile again seen this little bully in our home. I can't thank everyone on here enough for all your support. I was very scared to take in another Bulldog but I felt a huge relief knowing I had all of you!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello everyone! It's been 15 weeks 2 days since my sweet Dexter passed. I just waned to give an update since I had mention I had an option of keeping one of Dexters sons. The breeder had one of his boys, And just this weekend he moved in with us! I wasn't very sure I waned another Bulldog, I was grieving and wasn't ready for all the work a puppy brings, but seen how the breeder was treating the puppy made me change my mind. And my heart just really needed him with us in our home.
Everyone was right I was very lucky my Dexter had just had this litter and Im keeping his first born! He's helping my family heal and our grieving process a little easier!
We have named him Renzo (pronounced Henzo) he's almost 4 months old. He's full of energy, I'm working on training him. I still cry because I miss Dexter. But it's so nice to see my human children smile again seen this little bully in our home. I can't thank everyone on here enough for all your support. I was very scared to take in another Bulldog but I felt a huge relief knowing I had all of you!

Way to go!!!! Ohhhh I cant wait to see Jr. Im so happy for you all. Little Renzo will help put some closures to rest. Where's the photos??? We like photos ! Again congrats! !!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Congratulations!!! The new one will bring great new memories and love!

Would love to see pictures of your new baby

Sir Bentley

Jan 27, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Bentley
You are very good example for the rest of us, who one day will face the same loss. I hope I will gave the courage to love another bullie. Thank You [emoji4]

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo
Way to go!!!! Ohhhh I cant wait to see Jr. Im so happy for you all. Little Renzo will help put some closures to rest. Where's the photos??? We like photos ! Again congrats! !!

Thank you so much! I'll post pictures in few min!

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo
Congratulations!!! The new one will bring great new memories and love!

Would love to see pictures of your new baby

I humbly appreciate all the support! I'm so happy to have him home with us!

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo
You are very good example for the rest of us, who one day will face the same loss. I hope I will gave the courage to love another bullie. Thank You [emoji4]

Thank you, I remember I once read this quote; I was normal until I loved my first Bulldog. So true my broken heart just waned another Bulldog! T:)

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo
IMG_4253.JPGIMG_4253.JPG

This is Renzo!

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo
IMG_3566.JPG

IMG_7375.JPG

Me and Dexter, I still can't look at his pictures with out crying, it's so hard but one day I think I'll
Be able to look back at all of our fun adventures!

The other picture is Dexter and Renzo, he got to meet his son and was his favorite out of the 3. It's amazing how much our bullies change our life for the better,

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.