Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Just reading this now and my heart is broken for you both I am so very sorry.

Rip sweet baby boy

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=15089]Bogey416[/MENTION] Again I am so very sorry for your loss. Please forgive me if this is not the right time, but a few members mentioned that it may have been an underlying heart issue that took your sweet, healthy boy from you and not heat stroke. I am a new EB mom and have no experience with these issues. But if there was an underlying issue that was not diagnosed could the same issue affect his pups?

I am only bringing this up because the thought of you going through this again breaks my heart. I hope you know this question comes from a very good place.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@Bogey416 my heart breaks for you as I know this pain too well. Sending you positive thoughts, prayers and hugs

rest in peace sweet Bogey... your with all our angels - run free and have fun with all the babies at the bridge

Edit -- finishing reading all the thread --- go for a pup, the house would be missing something and coming from experience... within two months of the loss you will be in a depression of sorts as will Juice. I say go for it and enjoy the new love. You can never replace, we just make room for more love... a different love.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry to be reading this. So sorry for the loss of your beloved baby Bogey. My heart goes out to you and your family. It's hard enough to let them go when we know it's their time, and we are never ready to say goodbye, but when it's unexpected it's a shock, and harder to understand and deal with. Thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.
RIP sweet boy.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 105

Sir Bentley

Jan 27, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Bentley
I am very sorry for your loss and can not imagine your pain of Bogey being taken so young.
We will put your family in our prayers. May God ease your sorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot to have people understand the pain we are going through.

It will be tough no doubt especially with the winters we get in Canada. But at the end of the day, which ever way we look at it, we know that having Bogey's pup , Juice and the new baby will be the most fulfilling for us. I'm researching how to introduce a puppy to a newborn now.. It looks daunting but we're up for it! With that being said, does anybody have any experience with introducing a 5-6 month old pup and a newborn? Cheers!

I use to breed Dobermans. Day n night comparing to EB. Back then my son was less than a year old. Dobbies have very long legs and clumsy so always had to watch. I would sit on the floor with my son n my dog which was a pup of 5-6 months old and just supervised. I would never have both alone on the floor unless I was with them. What I found very helpful was like them moveable walkers you would put the child in and they sat straight. Im probably not describing it properly. Back then they had wheels. Today you wont find them with wheels. Anyway I find that when my son was sitting up the pup couldn't knock him down in the walker. Actually, the pup would wheel my son around. Lol. Pups like to chew. You dont want your child as his toy. Just supervise and never leave either on their own together.

OP
B

Bogey416

Nov 18, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bogey and Juice
Doing a lot of reading about having a new born and a puppy together at the same time. Getting the new puppy in January or February may not work out as planned so we may be getting the new addition sometime in the 10-12 week mark so possibly in September. We we're fortunate enough to get Bogey and Juice potty trained so now our focus is re learning for the new pup. Our plan so far is to have a dog walker visit twice a day for the first few months until maternity leave kicks in. If all goes well we will have a 6 month old pup and a newborn in December. Yes, I'm catching up on sleep now... Lol.. Here is Bogey's last litter, 5 boys and two girls.IMG_20170702_185923.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Doing a lot of reading about having a new born and a puppy together at the same time. Getting the new puppy in January or February may not work out as planned so we may be getting the new addition sometime in the 10-12 week mark so possibly in September. We we're fortunate enough to get Bogey and Juice potty trained so now our focus is re learning for the new pup. Our plan so far is to have a dog walker visit twice a day for the first few months until maternity leave kicks in. If all goes well we will have a 6 month old pup and a newborn in December. Yes, I'm catching up on sleep now... Lol.. Here is Bogey's last litter, 5 boys and two girls.View attachment 106818

beautiful little babies! Hugs to you! :hug;

keep us posted on all the new additions.

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
I am soooooo very sorry for the loss of ur babyafter I read ur story I couldn't help but to run up and love my bully baby and cry I couldn't imagine what u r going threw no one understands a bully baby is not a pet they r so much more they r our children and to loose one would be like loosing a child there is no amount of words that could ease ur pain but know that our prayers are with u and at least the final moments he had in this world u got to share them together again I am so so so sorry for your loss

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
..... Here is Bogey's last litter, 5 boys and two girls.View attachment 106818

What a lovely row of pups! I'm sure Bogey is watching from bulldog heaven and feeling very proud! Glad to hear things are going well and your plan sounds well thought through!

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Very pretty babies the white one on the end would be my pick I don't know why but I love the white ones even though my Chevy is a typical bulldog fawn and white I love the ones that look different he defiantly made some very pretty baby's

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
MY HEART IS BROKEN FOR YOU. PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, LOVE AND PRAYERS ARE COMING YOUR WAY FOR THE LOSS OF PRECIOUS BOGEY.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Doing a lot of reading about having a new born and a puppy together at the same time. Getting the new puppy in January or February may not work out as planned so we may be getting the new addition sometime in the 10-12 week mark so possibly in September. We we're fortunate enough to get Bogey and Juice potty trained so now our focus is re learning for the new pup. Our plan so far is to have a dog walker visit twice a day for the first few months until maternity leave kicks in. If all goes well we will have a 6 month old pup and a newborn in December. Yes, I'm catching up on sleep now... Lol.. Here is Bogey's last litter, 5 boys and two girls.View attachment 106818

Just for you.
https://youtu.be/QrVKXGbt-ss

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo
I feel your pain! I just lost my baby. Almond the exact same way you did but we went to the beach. Everything was good till we left just like you with the ac blasting he was fine all day! We had to rush him to animal hospital where he didn't make it. I feel your pain I waned to grow old with him! You're in my prayers

Members online

No members online now.