Gone too soon.. our hearts are broken

Bogey416

Nov 18, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bogey and Juice
This past Saturday we lost our Bogey. He was just over two years old and was the world to me and my wife. Bogey spent the day playing with his sister Juice on our bed (being on the bed is rare for them) and playing with friends at the annual bully picnic. It was a warm day but not humid and there was a nice breeze all afternoon. The picnic was in a shaded area, Bogey was drinking plenty of water and even played in the pool with his friends. No signs of distress whatsoever. On the car ride home, the AC was on full blast. At first signs of laboured breathing we stopped to get lemon juice. By the time we got home (12 minutes later) Bogey had a heart attack. He took his last breaths in our kitchen floor in my arms. Devastated is an understatement. He was supposed to meet our first baby in December and look out for them. We were supposed to grow old together. I miss you so much B. IMG_20160425_143519.jpgIMG_20161005_125254.jpgIMG_20160916_130638.jpgIMG_20151227_173339.jpg

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Oh my heart is so broken for you. I am terribly sorry for your loss of sweet Bogey. So young, sweet boy. You will be in my prayers, rest in peace beautiful baby... until we meet again over the rainbow bridge.

Sending so many hugs your way. :cry:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Tears in my eyes....im so so sorry for your lost. Bogey will always be in your memories. Cherish them as he'll be right above you. :angelheart:

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
this hurts :( I'm so sorry for you and your family... I wish you peace .

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am so very sorry to hear about Bogey. What an awful shock for you. RIP sweet boy.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I'm so sorry that you've lost your Bogey...such a handsome fella.
I wish you and your family all the best in this really tough time.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I feel your love and your heartache and shock in every word, tears in my eyes
imagining the horror of his death.

There's no words to help process your grief only to let you know we understand
the pain and the depth of Bogey's loss and we are so sorry he's gone and so young!

May all the wonderful days with him, including his last day,and that all of you were
together, help heal the pain, and remembering the love shared between you fill
your minds & hearts today & every day with JOY.

Praying for you & your wife.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I know this does little to ease your pain...
but a high temp around 70F is not high enough heat stroke a healthy 2 year old bully. I cannot help but think that he had an underlying heart condition and that this was bound to happen sooner or later. At least he passed in your loving arms and after having had a marvelous time with his bully friends at the picnic. Again, I'm very sorry...rest in peace, Bogey.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I cannot put in words how sorry and sad I feel for you. I cried when I read this and I honestly have no words to help you through this horrible loss. At least you can know that his last day was a very happy and fun day for him and he died in your loving arms,where he would want to be,and not at home alone.Only GOD can know why these heart wrenching things happen,but I know he (Bogey) was right where he should have been. Sending many heartfelt prayers,my heart aches for you. Bogey will be watching over you.

OP
B

Bogey416

Nov 18, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bogey and Juice
It's this type of community that helps us through a tough time like this. From the bottom of my family's heart, we thank you for your kind and thoughtful comments.

Getting back into our regular routine (for the sake of his sister Juice) has been tough for the three of us because he was such a big part of it. Putting away his harness and his collar hurt so much yesterday. I didn't realize how bad it was until I started bawling while picking up his poop in the back yard. Grown *** man bawling with a bag of poop in his hand, now that's a good look.. smh.... If any community would understand, it's this one.

I also have a question for the group. With the sudden and tragic loss of Bogey we're obviously devastated and will take time to heal, but almost as if God had intended, Bogey's last litter is due in two weeks. We are not looking to replace him as we know no two dogs are the same, but I can imagine that this is a rare opportunity. Most importantly we want to give ourselves, especially Juice, enough time to grieve the loss. Because we are also expecting a baby in December the wife thinks that we can do it if the breeder agrees to keep the pup until about 5-6 months. We have a great relationship with the breeders and this would more than likely be a non issue for them. Just the thought of having Bogey's legacy running around the house makes my heart flutter. Am I out of my mind or is this something you would jump at the opportunity? Cheers!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I have to agree... When, could this chance come again.... I would put in the 'offer' or question of intent, and then just let things happen as you heal. Putting that out there, and so you can let that part go while you come to grips with the loss, seems like something that would be good for all. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss and oh how it scares me even more. My boy is so active and I can only hope it's because he's able. I feel your heart, and even the poop part... really :(

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I'm so sad at your loss. You took all the precautions you could and I know your bulldog went out with style.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.