lassielynn

Sep 15, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rubin
On Thursday, Sept. 8, 2016, I lost my Bulldog Rubin. For 12 years 2 months, he gave me such joy. I am still in denial that he is gone. Tonight, I could swear I heard him bark to get in after potty. I even went to the door to see him, but he wasn't there. He was such a good boy. My husband and I were so attached to him and we treated him like he was a human child; even took him to see Santa Clause. Unfortunately, he took a dump right before we lifted him onto Santa's lap. We had to laugh. One for the memory book. He had several surgeries during his life: Prolapse urethra, back surgery for slipped disc, mast cell tumor, and he beat them all. Up until August of this year, he still played soccer with his basketball, pushing it all around the yard. But, after his last go with the ball, we noticed his nose was bleeding. Took him to the vet, but they did nothing. Took him back, they just looked up his nose and that was all. Nose bled more, so we took him to an emergency room for pets and they kept him overnight, did blood test and such, then released him because they couldn't find anything wrong, except they thought that maybe the chemo drug he was on may be the cause of the bleeding. We were instructed to stop it to see. We did, and the bleeding stopped, but Rubin never regained his stamina and he didn't want to eat. After a week or so, we took him back to his oncologist. They took a chest x-ray and didn't find anything there. They then did an abdominal ultra-sound and said his gut and liver was inflamed and that he should be hospitalized. So they started the IV and then I sat with him a moment, told him I loved him and that I'd be back soon. The nurses said they would call me with updates. The doctor called that evening and said Rubin had expired. I nearly lost my mind. To end the story here, I will just say that I miss that dog more than I can say. He was everything to me and to my husband. The house is so quite now without his snoring. I made him a beautiful grave at my home. He has a darling fountain that runs all the time with 2 little cherubs, a bulldog statue, a light and plants. It's only been a week since he died so suffice it to say I am still quite devastated. God bless the bulldog. I hope and pray there is a Heaven where he awaits me.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I am so so sorry. There is nothing more anyone can say. You have Rubin's memories as you mentioned one with Santa. Cherish them it will help you through the rough days. Rubin will always be there right by your side. He will watch over you both. Other members here has lost their bullies too and will be there for you like we always do. R.I.P.Rubin :assurred: :angelhug:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
What a great job y'all did for his long life despite all the issues you mentioned.
And so well loved & adored as I hear in your words of devotion, hear too your
total heartbreak and how lost without his presence with you...I am so sorry :(

Keeping y'all in prayer.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
RIP Rubin, what a beautiful long life he had, with such a loving family, to be treasured forever, so sad for your lose.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh your story absolutely breaks my heart, I'm so very sorry to hear about your Rubin... my sincerest condolences to you and your family.

He lived a very long life for a bulldog, and it sounds to me that he fought many battles and won. I believe that one day you will be reunited w/him... until then hold on to those precious memories.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am so sorry for your loss. He knew you loved him and he loved you and he will be waiting patiently for you in the next life. Good boy Rubin, RIP.

Dianna

Sep 5, 2016
California
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Godiva aka Ellie
I am so sorry for your loss. Your story brought tears to my eyes. I'm sure he's up in heaven snoring away.

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
What a caring, loving pet mom you are. You gave him a wonderful long life. I am so very sorry for your loss.
Run free at the Rainbow Bridge, sweet Rubin. No pain, no bleeding, no inflammation, now, sweet baby.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
RIP sweet Rubin. It sounds like you had a wonderful life and were loved dearly. I know you're watching over your parents now and we'll be here for them too.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Rubin had a life filled with love and obviously great care. He was a lucky boy. My condolences on your loss. I lost my first bully a couple months back. There isn't a day that I don't think about her but I know I was very blessed to have had those 4 1/2 years and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Sending you a virtual hug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So very sorry for the passing of your wonderful boy, Rubin. You gave each other a loving life snd he is always in your heart..

Rest In Peace Rubin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L

lassielynn

Sep 15, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rubin
Thank you all for such wonderful words of sympathy. It's been two weeks now since Rubin died and I am still crying over his death. I guess I thought he'd always be with me, especially since I loved him enough for 100 years.

Thanks again....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.