Still Unable to Look at Lola

sdefilippo

Jul 4, 2016
Upstate, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Juno, Lola (2012 - 2016)
It's been a month since I lost my baby. I still can't put her pictures up or even look at them. Just thinking about it and writing this makes me nauseous. I hope in time it passes. I still can't believe or truly accept that she's gone. I think about her and talk about her literally every single day. I had to start back up with therapy to cope with it. Time helps but I cannot stop feeling that unbelievable sickness from when I first received the news that she could not be saved. I hope thoughts of her eventually bring more joy.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Oh Shannon, I wish I was there to put my arms around you. Time will take the awful and sick thoughts and feelings and replace them with fond memories. Don't force it or try so hard, just allow your feelings and thoughts to come and go... good or bad, acknowledge them and let them drift off. You're mourning the loss of your precious girl. it's a process that's different for everyone. Just know that little by little, it does get better. I promise. Sending you hugs and calming thoughts. Blessings, Susan

It's been a month since I lost my baby. I still can't put her pictures up or even look at them. Just thinking about it and writing this makes me nauseous. I hope in time it passes. I still can't believe or truly accept that she's gone. I think about her and talk about her literally every single day. I had to start back up with therapy to cope with it. Time helps but I cannot stop feeling that unbelievable sickness from when I first received the news that she could not be saved. I hope thoughts of her eventually bring more joy.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so sorry to read this Shannon, but you went thru a horrible shock... it takes time to get over something like that. I'm glad that you are in therapy and just talking about it means that you are taking the right steps to move forward... :hug:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I know when someone says "it will get easier" we do not believe it. It does take time,and as the time passes,you will be able to think of her and smile,and realize how lucky you were to enjoy the time you had. I made myself a sign and hung it where I would see it as a reminder,it said "don't cry because it's over,smile because it happened". I am lucky to have had the husband I had,and all the beautiful animals. Some people never even know the joy of those experiences. I pray that one day you will be able to think back and smile. [MENTION=16072]sdefilippo[/MENTION] Take you time and don't let anyone tell you different.:pray:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So sorry. You have come to the right place. A few also lost their little bullies and as you noticed, they too still find it hard and still moving on. They are the best to guide you through these sad moments. :hug2:

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am so sorry. I know how trite it sounds but I would say all of us on here feel your pain and understand completely. I often think that losing a beloved pet can be just as hard as losing a loved one. I am certainly not equating the worth of an animal to a human but the grief can be every bit as real and every bit as devastating. I am still trying to get over losing Chumly but it has got easier thanks in no small part to my lovely Monty. I can look at videos of Chumly now without crying every time and I can laugh at him being silly. It still hurts but it isn't that awful gut-wrenching pain. There is no time limit for grief as it is different for everyone. It WILL get better though.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

:hug: In time you will smile again and feel the warm of her love in your heart. I still shed tears for both my babies that have past -- I miss them terribly and everyday I talk about them and remember things that make me smile or even just a scent in the air will bring back a memory of them -- it is heart warming, but will take time for you to get there.

We are here for you.... virtual hugs being sent

Florasaurus

May 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bluebelle
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my 4 month old bulldog in March & my 7yr old bulldog just a couple months before. It's been really hard. I feel better about the adult- felt like it was her time but it's extremely hard for me to think about Flora and what happened to her. I think what you're feeling is very normal. Grieve as you need to ❤️ we never forget our babies. I too hope one day I won't cry when I think about her but I'll always feel like I was robbed of so much with her being so little. So I get you. ((Hugs))

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online