Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Thread: Still Unable to Look at Lola

Real Name
    Shannon
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Juno, Lola (2012 - 2016)
    Likes (Received)

Default Still Unable to Look at Lola

It's been a month since I lost my baby. I still can't put her pictures up or even look at them. Just thinking about it and writing this makes me nauseous. I hope in time it passes. I still can't believe or truly accept that she's gone. I think about her and talk about her literally every single day. I had to start back up with therapy to cope with it. Time helps but I cannot stop feeling that unbelievable sickness from when I first received the news that she could not be saved. I hope thoughts of her eventually bring more joy.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Susan
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jersey
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Still Unable to Look at Lola

Oh Shannon, I wish I was there to put my arms around you. Time will take the awful and sick thoughts and feelings and replace them with fond memories. Don't force it or try so hard, just allow your feelings and thoughts to come and go... good or bad, acknowledge them and let them drift off. You're mourning the loss of your precious girl. it's a process that's different for everyone. Just know that little by little, it does get better. I promise. Sending you hugs and calming thoughts. Blessings, Susan

Quote Originally Posted by sdefilippo View Post
    It's been a month since I lost my baby. I still can't put her pictures up or even look at them. Just thinking about it and writing this makes me nauseous. I hope in time it passes. I still can't believe or truly accept that she's gone. I think about her and talk about her literally every single day. I had to start back up with therapy to cope with it. Time helps but I cannot stop feeling that unbelievable sickness from when I first received the news that she could not be saved. I hope thoughts of her eventually bring more joy.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry to read this Shannon, but you went thru a horrible shock... it takes time to get over something like that. I'm glad that you are in therapy and just talking about it means that you are taking the right steps to move forward...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

4. Likes Jersey, CCandMurray liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

I know when someone says "it will get easier" we do not believe it. It does take time,and as the time passes,you will be able to think of her and smile,and realize how lucky you were to enjoy the time you had. I made myself a sign and hung it where I would see it as a reminder,it said "don't cry because it's over,smile because it happened". I am lucky to have had the husband I had,and all the beautiful animals. Some people never even know the joy of those experiences. I pray that one day you will be able to think back and smile. @sdefilippo Take you time and don't let anyone tell you different.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

6. Likes sdefilippo, Jersey, TyTysmom liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

So sorry. You have come to the right place. A few also lost their little bullies and as you noticed, they too still find it hard and still moving on. They are the best to guide you through these sad moments.

8. Likes Jersey liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

I am so sorry. I know how trite it sounds but I would say all of us on here feel your pain and understand completely. I often think that losing a beloved pet can be just as hard as losing a loved one. I am certainly not equating the worth of an animal to a human but the grief can be every bit as real and every bit as devastating. I am still trying to get over losing Chumly but it has got easier thanks in no small part to my lovely Monty. I can look at videos of Chumly now without crying every time and I can laugh at him being silly. It still hurts but it isn't that awful gut-wrenching pain. There is no time limit for grief as it is different for everyone. It WILL get better though.
    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

10. Likes Jersey, Ftse 100 liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sdefilippo View Post

In time you will smile again and feel the warm of her love in your heart. I still shed tears for both my babies that have past -- I miss them terribly and everyday I talk about them and remember things that make me smile or even just a scent in the air will bring back a memory of them -- it is heart warming, but will take time for you to get there.

We are here for you.... virtual hugs being sent
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

12. Likes Jersey, Ftse 100 liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bluebelle
    Likes (Received)

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my 4 month old bulldog in March & my 7yr old bulldog just a couple months before. It's been really hard. I feel better about the adult- felt like it was her time but it's extremely hard for me to think about Flora and what happened to her. I think what you're feeling is very normal. Grieve as you need to ❤️ we never forget our babies. I too hope one day I won't cry when I think about her but I'll always feel like I was robbed of so much with her being so little. So I get you. ((Hugs))
    Current Bulldogs: Bluebelle (5.19.16)
    Past bulldogs always in my heart: Marigold, Daisy & little Flora

14. Likes Ftse 100, helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post

Remove Ads