Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Didn't get on yesterday so missed your post & this sad news until late last night.
It hit me hard, more than I'd think as Sally wasn't mine but her story affected
me greatly, both the bad & the good and I immediately recalled the pics of you
& Sally, down in the floor of that Nebraska shelter, love at 1st sight for both.

Also, it was the same time I adopted Cami, 3 years ago and will be 8 in May. A breeder
too but of ethical & good people who do not breed to death or illness then put them down
(or just abandoned) but retire them to good homes. Maybe it hits too close to home even
tho Cami is healthy & no one can believe she's 8...

Thank you for saving Sally, giving her THREE fabulous years and sharing her with us. She
keep me laughing as do all your hooligans.

Thank you [MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION], EBN and all who help put these auctions on (so much work) and
all who adopt, foster, drive, donate and support the cause...thank you & God bless!

Sincere sympathies to you, Jeannie, Mike and all of your family, including the hooligans.

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
I am so sorry to hear about Sally. I know exactly what you mean about adopting a senior bully, My Mickey was a senior. When I first saw his picture on the Lone Star Bulldog Rescue site I fell in love immediately and knew we were meant for each other. It has been a year since I held him as he breathed his last breath and I still cry as if my heart were breaking. I know that someday I will be with him again and I look forward to holding him and telling him how much he touched my life and how much I love him. :angelheart:

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Jeannie, she was beautiful! Your story touched me as well. God bless you for rescuing that sweet angel and giving her an amazing three years. She left the world knowing she was truly loved.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. You gave her a wonderful gift of knowing how it is to be loved and love life,after her years of being used and then discarded. Such a beautiful gift you gave to her,and in turn,she gave to you. You both got lucky.:love:
GOD blessed that little lady by sending her you. @JeannieCo

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl. Rest and play free at the Rainbow Bridge, sweet Sally! You were loved and will be missed by so many.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
JeannieCO, I'm VERY sorry to read this….. I know what "Mustang Sally" meant to you and to all of us as well. She was the sweetest girl!! Thank You for allowing us to get a glimpse of her final ride, The long ride y'all took to go get Sally, The ride home, The pictures you shared of this beautiful girl, The look into her life, knowing she had been rode hard and put away wet more than once. I know Sally appreciated everything you and your family, both human and Canine provided for her, A warm loving home. Seniors have a way of touching us just as deep as the puppy we rear from the bottle. They touch us deeply, and are so appreciative of everything. I know Sally knows in her heart what an Angel and God Send you were, in that stage of her life that she needed it so much. You and your family will be kept in prayer!!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Sally was amazing and so are you...love to you and your family during this time of grief.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I am so sorry for your loss. We rescued penny 4 years ago and the vets aren't able to age her so I know every day is a gift. She does the same shuffle.
Thank you for the love and comfort you gave her.

I know how you feel. We were told two different ages for Mabel. So we know she is between 7 and 9 years old. Every day is a gift.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] I am so sorry to hear about Sally, I am trying to type through tears, as that was such a touching and beautiful tribute, she was such a beauty, and had the best 3 years of her life with you. Run Free Sally. Big hugs to you ! :angelheart::heartsign::hug:

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
:( I'm so sorry. She was something special, and even going through what she'd been dealt was surely lucky in finding you.[emoji813]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
I'm so sorry you had to let your precious beautiful Angel Sally go over the Bridge :gloom:
No doubt, you were meant for each other! It is wonderful you did have three years together - three years full of love. Every word you write about sweet Sally is full of love and every photo and every film show a happy, cared for and so much loved and loving seniorgirl and family member :heart: It is heartbreaking you were not given more time on earth together.

Love never ends... You belong together forever :angelheart:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.