Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
sally2.jpg

sally11.jpg

Wow what can I say but that the power of love in a Senior rescue is incredible. I was given the gift of having an amazing 3 years with Sally. Our precious Angel grew her wings yesterday at 5:50 p.m. and passed in my arms to Rainbow Bridge. The past 48 hours hours she took a downward turn with congestive heart failure coupled with her mammary gland cancer had her breathing was so very labored gasping at times. Yesterday morning we made the difficult decision to have Caring Pathways come to the house to give Sally her wings to fly free. I am heartbroken, have bawled my eyes out (still am), but I smile as best as I can knowing we gave a senior rescue a most beautiful life she could have the last 3 years. I encourage all to consider a rescue, especially a senior. Sally truly was my Angel. She will be deeply missed. :cry:

IMG_0415.JPG sally5.jpgthe kiddos.jpg

I would like to send a special thank you to [MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION] and EBN for had it not been for their devotion to our Rescue section, Sally would have never come into our lives. I needed this senior girl so bad as I had lost my senior littermate pitties a couple of years before we got Sally. I can't explain it but the moment I saw Sally's post that MamaAndi did, "Senior in Nebraska", I was more than drawn in, I was hooked before I even saw her precious face.

Here is Sally's Rescue Story. English Bulldog News Forums - Rescue Story: Meet Sally

A Year in the Life of Sally (Sally's first year with us). Be sure to watch the 6:08 mark, she steals Jack's ball, runs off with it and Jack turns around to see it gone. :laugh:

The Sally Shuffle

My Poem I wrote for her during an EBN contest called "USED"

USED

Used for breeding, you produced.

Year after year you produced,
until you could produce no more.

Left to wonder I did, all those years you were used,
used for breeding, how many did you produce?

Were you touched? Were you loved?

Touched you were, and loved you were,
by all those many babies you produced.

Left at the shelter you were…..why oh why,
because you got old and could not produce.

Left to a life unknown, a life with no touch, a life of no love,
from the only life you once knew, a life that produced.

Where did you come from I asked myself?

It didn’t matter really, because now you could no longer produce.

One sunny day in May, I scooped you up,
to a life now filled with endless touch and love!

Why did you come to us I asked myself?
Why? Because you were used for breeding and could not produce.

No longer needed to produce,
you were left to a life of uncertainty.

You produced and you were used, but now,
YOU are needed, YOU are touched and YOU are loved - for life!

And no longer are you used for breeding to produce.

RIP SWEET BABY GIRL

sally1.jpg

:angelheart: :angelheart: :angelheart: :angelheart: :angelheart: :angelheart: :angelheart: :angelheart: :angelheart: :angelheart: :angelheart: :angelheart: :angelheart: :angelheart: :angelheart: :angelheart::angelheart: :angelheart: :angelheart:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
wow Jeannie! what a touching story. its so awesome that Sally was loved so much for the last few years. Im sorry she has passed. It takes a special person to take a senior in knowing your time together is short but the love youve showered upon her changed her life around. Ive never done it and i can imagine youre filled with devastating grief. Somewhere deep in there i hope you have a sense of satisfaction over what youve done. Not many people can do what you did. You should be proud. RIP Sally. I love the pics and videos..she was beautiful!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP dearest Sally.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
It is truly heartbreaking to lose a beloved pet. I am so sorry.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Such sad times :'( I'm so sorry Jeannie. Her memorial is truly beautiful, what a character. Run free Sweet Sally<3

Pennyblossom

Mar 4, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny and Bristol
I am so sorry for your loss. We rescued penny 4 years ago and the vets aren't able to age her so I know every day is a gift. She does the same shuffle.
Thank you for the love and comfort you gave her.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Oh Jeannie, i am so sorry to hear about Sally. What a great life she had with you and i am sure she loved it very much.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You gave her such a wonderful 3 years... she was a puppy in that time - got to play, run and be loved. Thank you for sharing her with us... be pain free and run free with all the babies at the bridge.. beautiful Sally

:angelheart:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thank you Jeannie for letting us be a part of Sally's amazing 3 years she was with you. She will always hold a special place in our hearts. Beautiful Sally, rest in peace with a smile upon your face for being given the gift of true love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I'm so sorry for your loss Jeannie. You found each other at a time when you both needed each other. Sending you lots of hugs and love honey. Thank you for your heart of gold.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Jeannie what a tribute to a beautiful girl
Sally will be greatly missed here RIP beautiful girl :angelheart:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Jeannie, I'm SO very sorry to hear about Sweet Sally. I can't tell you how much me & my family have enjoyed her stories and seeing the videos of her playing w/the hooligans. You & Mike are amazing, you gave her 3 wonderful years after she was dumped at the shelter. I absolutely LOVE senior dogs, and one day I will have property so I can adopt one of my own… RIP Sweet Sally :angelheart:

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
There aren't words to express how sorry I am that she left your side on earth. I am forever grateful that she left this earth knowing family and love. You gave her an amazing gift. :heart:

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Jeannie, God Bless You, I know it is so hard to loose a Gift Of God like Miss Sally, she is waiting for you one day Jeannie to join her at Rainbow Bridge, you will never have to part again. Miss Sally has her Wings now and is sitting next to God And His Son Jesus. Love To You Always Jeannie, My Prayers are with you and your family.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.