Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Dudley Regal.JPGDudley TOT.JPG

My dear friends here at EBN, On Saturday, February 19, 2011, my life changed when I brought home the sweetest, chubbiest little meatball - Dudley, the English Bulldog. I had waited 25 years for my little EBD. he became my little boy, my sweet baboo, my love. He made his Daddy (Scott Kantruss) and I laugh all of the time - burying things with invisibile dirt, sucking on his baby, playing with his beloved toys (oh how he loved his toys), his little wiggle-butt when he walked, and those giant feel that garnered him the nickname, Mr. Fat Paws. Everyone in the neighborhood knew him, talked to him and loved him. But we noticed changes, more bets, more trainers, meds, acupuncture, but nothing was helping. Something was very wrong with my baby's little brain. After months and months of agonizing and fear, on Monday, February 8th, my life changed again, and my heart shattered into a billion pieces as Dudley sweetly, peacefully crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. Although I know that crossing ended his pain and suffering, it just made mine and his Daddy's greater. In my shattered heart, I always will be "Dudley's Mom" - that shattered heard that hears nothing but the never-ending silence. No more barks at the UPS man, nor more running around the yard, no more Dudley kisses, and no more soft bully snores. Mommy and Daddy will never, ever forget you sweet, sweet bully baby. Mommy misses you and will always, always love you Dudley.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Kathleen, I can't even put into words how SO very sorry I am about Dudley… I know how much you loved and adored your big boy :cry: You did everything humanely possible for him, and it breaks my heart to know that nothing changed the outcome. Dudley had a wonderful life w/you & Scott, and he was truly living like a KING… We will miss him SO much here at EBN and all of his funny stories.

I'm here for you Kathleen if you need me, I know how difficult this can be… RIP Dudley… Big Beautiful Boy :heart:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I am heartbroken for you, Kathleen, nothing can prepare you for this loss.
Dudley sure had the most loving & devoted home EVER and now awaits
you in your time. How wonderful to see all our loved ones in Heaven! I
will keep you & Scott in thoughts & prayers in these coming days, sending
big Texas hugs, please take care of yourselves as Dudley would want for y'all.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Beautiful tribute to your sweet, loved boy. We will miss you Dudley.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
My heart goes out to both you and Scott, we will miss Dudley very much, and I hope you will be ok without him, I know he was your bestie. Please call or message or anything if you need someone, much love xxoo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Kathleen my heart breaks for you both. May your sweet boy rest in peace, no longer in pain, and look down on us from above until we're reunited again. I will be praying for your loss. From one bully mama to another, sending you the biggest hugs. :cry:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My heart breaks for you and know we all are here for you... sending prayers and hugs of comfort to you. as I said last night, take it easy and be good to yourself. You love Dudley more than life itself and you did all you could for him.

:cry:

rest in peace handsome sweet Dudley... and watch over Mommy
:angelheart:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
:heart: Rest in peace Sweet Dudley...and comfort to your momma and poppa during this difficult time.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Kathleen, I was shocked and now so heartbroken to read that Dudley has passed away. I know he was the love of your life and you were such a wonderful mommy to him. Though we know he's now at peace and free from all pain and suffering, it still hurts so much to not have him here. I'm praying and thinking about you, my friend. ((((((HUGS))))))

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Kathleen, like everyone else here i was truly heartbroken to hear about Dudley. All the losses we hear of take a piece of our hearts away..but some more than others. From knowing you on EBN and being friends on Facebook weve folowed your adventures with Dudley and your love for him just burst out of every post you made. My sincere thoughts and prayers are with you kathleen. As i said so many other times to others who lost their bullies..I cant even imagine the pain. You are loved here!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online