I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Dudley - My Beautiful Boy

Kathleen, I am so so sorry and heartbroken for you for your loss of Dudley. I know how much he meant to you and what a special boy he was. I know words don't help much during this time, but at least he knew he was loved so much and now is free of any pain or suffering. You have my condolences and hugs during this most difficult time. Play joyfully at the Rainbow Bridge, handsome sweet Dudley.
    Happiness is a warm bulldog!

Pet Sitter
    Country
    Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Püppy
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry for your loss of your sweet beautiful boy Dudley. Dudley's time on earth was full of love, and love is the bond that will stay forever between you and your special, beloved boy.
    I'm so sorry You are in my thoughts and prayers.

RIP dear Dudley

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)

To all of my dear, dear EBN friends - your kind words and beautiful flowers - have made me able to get up in the morning. I can NEVER thank you enough for your support and encouragement. Scott and I are overwhelmed by your kindness. I never have to tell anyone on this site about the pain of losing your furry child - you all either have experienced it or can imagine the pain, because you all love your babies so very much. I know Dudley is free of pain and whatever demons drove him, but I think I am going to miss him for the rest of my life - he was that special to me. My first EBD and one so loved and cherished. I hope some day that I can rescue a bulldog who needs a loving home and a crazy bulldog mama! On Tuesday, a day I didn't think I would survive, I was driving home from seeing my aunt in rehab (she is 91 and recently fell and broke a bone near her shoulder) and I see a woman walking a bulldog down the street. Of course, I had to stop the car, get out and talk to her. I'm sure the woman thought the sobbing woman was a lunatic, until I explained my situation. She immediately understood. I got a little bully love and then got back into the car...and yes, I did cry all of the way home. And, I continue to cry, because the house is empty and I have no softly snoring bulldog on the couch beside me! But, I do have an amazing bulldog family that has extended its hearts and arms, and for this I always, always will be grateful. I hope you will allow me to stalk your baby bullies here on the forum, and for some of you, on facebook. As much as it hurts sometimes, I can never give up my love of the bulldog!! Thank you all -- with much love and gratitude!

Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them...
    Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. -- Thom Jones

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DudleysMom View Post
    To all of my dear, dear EBN friends - your kind words and beautiful flowers - have made me able to get up in the morning. I can NEVER thank you enough for your support and encouragement. Scott and I are overwhelmed by your kindness. I never have to tell anyone on this site about the pain of losing your furry child - you all either have experienced it or can imagine the pain, because you all love your babies so very much. I know Dudley is free of pain and whatever demons drove him, but I think I am going to miss him for the rest of my life - he was that special to me. My first EBD and one so loved and cherished. I hope some day that I can rescue a bulldog who needs a loving home and a crazy bulldog mama! On Tuesday, a day I didn't think I would survive, I was driving home from seeing my aunt in rehab (she is 91 and recently fell and broke a bone near her shoulder) and I see a woman walking a bulldog down the street. Of course, I had to stop the car, get out and talk to her. I'm sure the woman thought the sobbing woman was a lunatic, until I explained my situation. She immediately understood. I got a little bully love and then got back into the car...and yes, I did cry all of the way home. And, I continue to cry, because the house is empty and I have no softly snoring bulldog on the couch beside me! But, I do have an amazing bulldog family that has extended its hearts and arms, and for this I always, always will be grateful. I hope you will allow me to stalk your baby bullies here on the forum, and for some of you, on facebook. As much as it hurts sometimes, I can never give up my love of the bulldog!! Thank you all -- with much love and gratitude!

You better stay with us... stalk all you want!! we love you and would have it no other way!!

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I do not know you but I guarantee you that Dudley was very fortunate to be surrounded by people who loved him. While you endure the pain inevitably, there is another soul out there that truly need you. Please open your heart again.

God Bless.
    Hug your bully today

6. Likes CCandMurray, Texas Carol liked this post
    Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for sharing,

If you own a Bulldog, it is not a matter of if, but rather when. Some of us have been through the painful process once or even more. Sadly at some point everyone will. Unless, sadly, you leave before your Bulldog does. Either way is a terrible ordeal filled with so much sadness that words can't express. The words "sad, heartbroken, crushed, devastated, etc", seem woefully blank on paper. But understand the feel of the sadness if hard to express in words.

A Bulldog is more than just a pet or a dog. Truly they are part of our physical and emotional lives. By sharing with us here, you are helping to share with us about Dudley and to share his memories. He belong to you and your family, but now will be a part of all of us to remember.

God watches over those who are with him. It is hard to accept when they are gone.
    With sincere sympathy,
    B&B~ABEBD

"Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ABEBD View Post
    Thank you for sharing,

If you own a Bulldog, it is not a matter of if, but rather when. Some of us have been through the painful process once or even more. Sadly at some point everyone will. Unless, sadly, you leave before your Bulldog does. Either way is a terrible ordeal filled with so much sadness that words can't express. The words "sad, heartbroken, crushed, devastated, etc", seem woefully blank on paper. But understand the feel of the sadness if hard to express in words.

A Bulldog is more than just a pet or a dog. Truly they are part of our physical and emotional lives. By sharing with us here, you are helping to share with us about Dudley and to share his memories. He belong to you and your family, but now will be a part of all of us to remember.

God watches over those who are with him. It is hard to accept when they are gone. With sincere sympathy,

Awesome post and every word rings true. I've stopped trying to explain bully love, both the giving
    and receiving of it, to those with no experience of bulldogs. No way they can understand it and most
    think we are just plain nuts...maybe we are, who cares? Recently I had to reaccess my plans for Cami
    if I passed away before she did, I'd made my son (who has bulldog experience) promise to keep her
    until her death but he's in a relationship and apt that wouldn't be good for her. So, after lots of stress
    & prayer, I called a dear friend & member here (that lives within 2 hrs of me & lost her beloved bully
    last year & remains broken hearted) and she agreed to take Cami if I die suddenly. My gratitude & relief
    for her kindness can't be put into words, didn't realize how much my worry for Cami was weighing on me
    until this, but it was like a mountain FELL off me!

I think it says a lot for all of us that love bulldogs that, going thru what we do with them, we decide so often,
    to get another (or two) when the right time comes again, there is just nothing like them. Even knowing, most
    likely, their lives will be short, even with all the issues, even with all the time, expense & worry, we still choose
    another bulldog to love and to love us as only a bulldog does.

That says it all really.

And, @DudleysMom, Kathleen & Scott, my heart is so sad, thinking of your loss & your empty homes ;(

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

9. Likes mybrindlegirl liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

@DudleysMom, my heart is breaking for you reading this post. May he rest peacefully and may time heal your heart
    Last edited by CCandMurray; 02-11-2016 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Typo

11. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Kathleen, I am so sorry about your Dudley, he is running with the Angels now waiting for you one day to join him. Prayers for You Kathleen and Your Family for your loss. I know all to well how you feel, it hurts so much, but I know one day I will see my Beloved 4 legged Babies again, never to part.

13. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy.
    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)

I just wanted to thank everyone for your kind words and expressions of sympathy. I know I will love another bulldog again, quite truthfully, because I must. Once you have known and loved a bulldog, the breed has your heart forever. I can NEVER see a bulldog without stopping to talk to the baby and it's servants (LOL!). They are sweet and precious and just so very, very special. But, each one is special on their own; each one is different and important to us in their own way. No bulldog will ever take Dudley's place in my heart, but I know that one day, Dudley will enable me to make a space in my heart for another bulldog! Love you all!

Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them...
    Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. -- Thom Jones

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I just wanted to thank everyone for your kind words and expressions of sympathy. I know I will love another bulldog again, quite truthfully, because I must. Once you have known and loved a bulldog, the breed has your heart forever. I can NEVER see a bulldog without stopping to talk to the baby and it's servants (LOL!). They are sweet and precious and just so very, very special. But, each one is special on their own; each one is different and important to us in their own way. No bulldog will ever take Dudley's place in my heart, but I know that one day, Dudley will enable me to make a space in my heart for another bulldog! Love you all!

No truer words.... well said, Kathleen!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads