Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
I am very sorry for your loss. I know how quickly cancer can take the life of your baby. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Boka.:pray:

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
I'll wait for you

I got to the gates of heaven today after we said goodbye. I began to miss you terribly,because I heard you cry. Suddenly there was an Angel, and she asked me to enter heavens gate. I asked her if I could stay outside for someone who would be late. I wouldnt make much noise you see, I wouldn't bark or howl. I'll only wait here patiently and chew on my bone. The Angel said I could stay right here and wait for you to come because Heaven just wouldn't be Heaven if I went alone. So I'll Wait right here, you take your time, but keep me in your heart. Because heaven just wouldn't be heaven without you to warm my heart

Love Boka

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm beyond heartbroken to read this… I'm SO very sorry for your loss of sweet Boka. My sincerest condolences to you and your family :cry:

OP
Boka the Sweet Heart
Aug 26, 2015
South California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boka
I'll wait for you

I got to the gates of heaven today after we said goodbye. I began to miss you terribly,because I heard you cry. Suddenly there was an Angel, and she asked me to enter heavens gate. I asked her if I could stay outside for someone who would be late. I wouldnt make much noise you see, I wouldn't bark or howl. I'll only wait here patiently and chew on my bone. The Angel said I could stay right here and wait for you to come because Heaven just wouldn't be Heaven if I went alone. So I'll Wait right here, you take your time, but keep me in your heart. Because heaven just wouldn't be heaven without you to warm my heart

Love Boka

Thank you so much for the sweet poem

OP
Boka the Sweet Heart
Aug 26, 2015
South California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boka
But the worst part of all is that she had just finished her radiation treatment for Brain tumor and the vet said she had a good prognosis living up the 18 months. But on Friday she started to breathe VERY heavily so we took her to the ER. The vet at first though it was just a lung infection and that we will definitely see her tomorro. So we watched her going inside the ER without saying a proper goodbye. Later the vet let us see her in the back and she was so excited to see us that she started breathing heavily again. The vet said she is very weak and the only thing she can move is her mouth from excitement. The vet once again said we will see her tomorrow so we just left gently petting her little head. The worst thing is that we never even got to say to her a proper goodbye! :cry::cry::*(:*(:tissue::tissue:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
But the worst part of all is that she had just finished her radiation treatment for Brain tumor and the vet said she had a good prognosis living up the 18 months. But on Friday she started to breathe VERY heavily so we took her to the ER. The vet at first though it was just a lung infection and that we will definitely see her tomorro. So we watched her going inside the ER without saying a proper goodbye. Later the vet let us see her in the back and she was so excited to see us that she started breathing heavily again. The vet said she is very weak and the only thing she can move is her mouth from excitement. The vet once again said we will see her tomorrow so we just left gently petting her little head. The worst thing is that we never even got to say to her a proper goodbye! :cry::cry::*(:*(:tissue::tissue:

Please don't beat yourself up about this… I have lost two bulldogs in surgery, and we never got a chance to say goodbye until it was already too late. Boka was well aware of how much she was loved, and she was there w/you in spirit when you said your final goodbye's. She knows that you did everything in your power to save her, it just wasn't meant to be. I'm so very sorry...

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
Last night I dreamt, my precious dog, who passed a day ago
Had come to see me one last time before she went where good dogs go.
I said, as I looked into her eyes, remembering all her days entailed
“I’m so sorry I couldn’t save you. I’m so sorry that I failed.”
My dog immediately shook her head and said “Mom, don’t you see?
You have not let me down or failed. In fact, you won, victoriously.”
“But how?” I asked my sweet, sweet dog, “can you say that I have won?”
“I tried so hard to make you well, and in the end, you’re gone?”
My dog gave me a beaming smile and said “I do recall,
That you gave me the one thing that I wanted most of all.
The only thing I ever really hoped for endlessly
Was to get the chance to live as part of a loving family.
I’ve met so many dogs here with no opportunity
To start each day with knowing that love was a guarantee.
But I was given that great gift and cherished it while I lived
I just wish the other dogs here could have had the life I did.
And all your work to fight my illness , that was not in vain
For each day you fought to give me was another day I gained
The chance to have my belly rubbed, to snuggle and to feel
The joy of seeing all the wonders the treat jar would reveal.
You fought to keep me healthy and by doing so gave to me
The best life I could ask for. Will you claim that victory?”
I hugged my dog and said “But I didn’t get much time with you.
Perhaps I could have tried something else, there’s more that I could do.”
My dog said, “Mom, you did all you could so please don’t hold this guilt.
I don’t mourn the years we’ll never have. I cherish the love we built.
One day of pats and treats and kisses and playing with the cat,
Is more than I could wish for and I got a couple years of that!”
I raised my head and began to feel what my sweet girl was trying to say
“I know you’ll be okay, Mom,” she said, “You always find a way.
So please release your heart from guilt and don’t live in regret.
And use that love to help other dogs. You’ve never failed us yet.”
I began to understand what she wanted me to know
I had fought her llness bravely, and it was okay to let her go.
I wrapped my arms around her hugged her one more time and then
I said goodbye as she prepared to leave me once again.
But before she trotted away and headed off into the sun,

She turned her head to smile at me and said “Thanks, Mom. Job well done.”

Juststrokeit383

May 23, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
I'm sorry for your loss... Just remember, we don't cry because they left us... We cry because we are happy they are going to a better place.. Tears don't always mean sad... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I am so sorry for your loss. I can imagine your pain. I am praying for you and for your family. Just rest easy knowing sweet Boka is no longer pain. Until we meet again.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Sending Love and Prayers on the Loss of Precious Boka. You had many Wonderful times with her, and she with You, just remember she knew Love and was so Happy that You Both found each other. Boka knew she had a Wonderful Life with You. God Bless You. You will see Boka again one day, to never part again.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.