Boka my little adorable girlie was just diagnosed with brain tumor

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Continued prayers for sweet Boka

OP
Boka the Sweet Heart
Aug 26, 2015
South California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boka
Thank you so much. Here is Boka now crying for some food:

image.jpg

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thank you so much. Here is Boka now crying for some food:

View attachment 92411

Sweet girl, the last thing I'd ever think of is putting her down. Esp if vet says they are mild. You mentioned she's in great spirits otherwise, playing & eating. That Boka is strong and she'll prove all those doctors wrong!!!! Please give her lots of hugs from us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Boka, I am Praying Hard for You to not have any more seizures, stay strong Beautiful Lady, get Well we all Love You.

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
Continued prayers, positive thoughts, crossed fingers and crossed paws for your adorable brave bullylady Boka :hug:
:heart::heart::heart:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Thank you so much everyone. Last night Boka had 7 seizures and this morning I took her to the vet at 7:30 am. She stayed there for the whole day and now I am going to pick her up. The vet monitored as she was having a facial seizure and he said that it is very mild. He injected some cortisone into her and she hasn't had any seizures for 8 hours. He also said that if the injection and her 3 medications don't work, we will have to put her to sleep. We are hoping for no seizures for a couple of days and if she doesn't have any, then she is progressing. Please continue praying for Boka that she will have no seizures for a while. Thank you for all of the support.

In December 2012 and January 2013, Vegas was having facial seizures every hour on the hour. 24 in a day! It was exhausting. He would cry because it was pissing him off. We ended up getting him this awesome treat ball that he still uses to this day. It's call the everlasting fun ball. It's green (not the blue) and very durable. To this day he still has focal facial seizures a couple times a week. Sometimes he will have multiple a night.

It makes me sad that they instructed you to put her down if she continues to have seizures. If she is on potassium bromide....that can take 6 weeks to regulate in the system. It's one of the most common and most used seizure meds used in dogs (besides phenobarbital)

Before you make the final decision...please please please seek out a neurologist. I've been living with this every single day for the last 7 1/2 years. I've made many friends thru the internet/EBN/facebook/bulldogs with seizures/Special Needs Bulldogs............ that have lost their bulldogs to this horrible disease.

I have a friend by the name of Frank Bumgarner. His little girl Xena has epilepsy. When she was first diagnosed....she was having them daily. Several a day. It was so overwhelming, but now? She is doing great. She often goes several months between seizures. Same with Vegas. He was just a baby when he started having them. We would have 5 to 6 a day. It was very upsetting....but we finally have it under control. Or at least better control.

Don't give up just yet. You will know when it's time because she will let you know when it's time. Right now she is eating and begging for food. Usually when cancer hits, tumors......they aren't hungry or playful. In my opinion, you have plenty of time to love on her.

I'm here and on FB if you ever want to talk a little more.

IMG_3074 postal cutout.jpg

OP
Boka the Sweet Heart
Aug 26, 2015
South California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boka
In December 2012 and January 2013, Vegas was having facial seizures every hour on the hour. 24 in a day! It was exhausting. He would cry because it was pissing him off. We ended up getting him this awesome treat ball that he still uses to this day. It's call the everlasting fun ball. It's green (not the blue) and very durable. To this day he still has focal facial seizures a couple times a week. Sometimes he will have multiple a night.

It makes me sad that they instructed you to put her down if she continues to have seizures. If she is on potassium bromide....that can take 6 weeks to regulate in the system. It's one of the most common and most used seizure meds used in dogs (besides phenobarbital)

Before you make the final decision...please please please seek out a neurologist. I've been living with this every single day for the last 7 1/2 years. I've made many friends thru the internet/EBN/facebook/bulldogs with seizures/Special Needs Bulldogs............ that have lost their bulldogs to this horrible disease.

I have a friend by the name of Frank Bumgarner. His little girl Xena has epilepsy. When she was first diagnosed....she was having them daily. Several a day. It was so overwhelming, but now? She is doing great. She often goes several months between seizures. Same with Vegas. He was just a baby when he started having them. We would have 5 to 6 a day. It was very upsetting....but we finally have it under control. Or at least better control.

Don't give up just yet. You will know when it's time because she will let you know when it's time. Right now she is eating and begging for food. Usually when cancer hits, tumors......they aren't hungry or playful. In my opinion, you have plenty of time to love on her.

I'm here and on FB if you ever want to talk a little more.

View attachment 92438

Thank you so much for your help and advice. The vet said that the first 48 hours are most important for no seizures and she hasn't had a seizure for over 48 hours. So, she is progressing. Also, I thought about what you said and I am taking her to a neurologist this Tuesday at 8:30am. Thank you once again for your advice.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Thank you so much for your help and advice. The vet said that the first 48 hours are most important for no seizures and she hasn't had a seizure for over 48 hours. So, she is progressing. Also, I thought about what you said and I am taking her to a neurologist this Tuesday at 8:30am. Thank you once again for your advice.

:heart:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.