OP
Boka the Sweet Heart
Aug 26, 2015
South California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boka
I have some devastating news. Boka had 2 seizures today and it is most likely a brain tumor. She could just be an epileptic dog but it is most likely a brain tumor. Tomorrow we will be calling the vet and asking him if it is safe to still do the surgery. Also, I am definately not putting her down as other than the occasional seizure, she eats just like a bully, she drinks normally, she sleeps a lot, and she jumps whenever she is excited. She also jumps up and down the bed all by herself and she doesnt seem to be in any pain. I am absolutely devastated by the news. I am hoping that she will live at least for another year or so. The vet said that if it is a brain tumor, he can give her some steroids to lower the size of the tumor and he even said that it can increase her lifespan by a few months. But we are not sure whether it is safe to take her in for surgery when she is taking her medicine. I am fine with her having surgery to remove the mass, but I am terrified that she can have a seizure during the operation and not wake up. I am hoping for the best.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have some devastating news. Boka had 2 seizures today and it is most likely a brain tumor. She could just be an epileptic dog but it is most likely a brain tumor. Tomorrow we will be calling the vet and asking him if it is safe to still do the surgery. Also, I am definately not putting her down as other than the occasional seizure, she eats just like a bully, she drinks normally, she sleeps a lot, and she jumps whenever she is excited. She also jumps up and down the bed all by herself and she doesnt seem to be in any pain. I am absolutely devastated by the news. I am hoping that she will live at least for another year or so. The vet said that if it is a brain tumor, he can give her some steroids to lower the size of the tumor and he even said that it can increase her lifespan by a few months. But we are not sure whether it is safe to take her in for surgery when she is taking her medicine. I am fine with her having surgery to remove the mass, but I am terrified that she can have a seizure during the operation and not wake up. I am hoping for the best.
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]..... Any insight?

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm sad to hear this news, was just thinking about Boka over the week end
and now, seeing this news devastates me for y'all, can't stop my tears.
Boka's a fighter (of course, she's a BULLY) and so are you so I'm going to
rally myself, stop sniveling and stand behind Team Boka.

Continued prayers for y'all and big love sent from Texas.

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
Oh no... This is so sad news :(
But it is good to know that Boka eats, drinks, sleeps, jumps, is excited and seems not to be in any pain. What a brave strong sweet little girl :havemyheart:
I totally understand your worries about the operation with this circumstance and I continue keeping my fingers crossed very hard that it is no brain tumor.
:hug:Many many hugs to your sweet bullygirl and to you :hug:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
It's very uncommon for a 9 year old bulldog to be diagnosed with idiopathic epilepsy. At the age of 9, there is usually a reason. It could be many things.

I'm glad you didn't put her down.... she can still have a happy life. Our neurologist told us that if Vegas had a brain tumor he would start to show signs. He would no longer be able to control his hind quarters. Luckily for us, it was not a tumor.

You said earlier that Boka was running into the wall after a seizure and I want to let you know that it is common to do that. When they come out of a seizure (even before the seizure) they become confused. Vegas does this all the time before and after a seizure.

I also want to let you know that seizure meds don't always control them 100%. We still go on average, every 3 to 6 weeks between seizures. He's been on seizure meds for over 7 years.

Keep us updated on her progress.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm not sure if it will work but there has been many testimonials of Nuvet plus shrinking tumors. On their website their is testimonials and I've been asked a few times about it.

Hopefully it's not a tumor though. Seizures can happen for so many reasons, and she is a beautiful girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
prayers and lots and lots of love sent yalls way!!!!

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
So,so sorry that this has happened to your little girl, can not imagine how your feeling and not even sure what to say to try and help except what has already been said and that she is a lucky bulldog to have you caring for her.

OP
Boka the Sweet Heart
Aug 26, 2015
South California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boka
Thank you so much everyone. Last night Boka had 7 seizures and this morning I took her to the vet at 7:30 am. She stayed there for the whole day and now I am going to pick her up. The vet monitored as she was having a facial seizure and he said that it is very mild. He injected some cortisone into her and she hasn't had any seizures for 8 hours. He also said that if the injection and her 3 medications don't work, we will have to put her to sleep. We are hoping for no seizures for a couple of days and if she doesn't have any, then she is progressing. Please continue praying for Boka that she will have no seizures for a while. Thank you for all of the support.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thank you so much everyone. Last night Boka had 7 seizures and this morning I took her to the vet at 7:30 am. She stayed there for the whole day and now I am going to pick her up. The vet monitored as she was having a facial seizure and he said that it is very mild. He injected some cortisone into her and she hasn't had any seizures for 8 hours. He also said that if the injection and her 3 medications don't work, we will have to put her to sleep. We are hoping for no seizures for a couple of days and if she doesn't have any, then she is progressing. Please continue praying for Boka that she will have no seizures for a while. Thank you for all of the support.

I'm so very sorry to hear about your baby… you of course have our support and prayers. Please keep us posted!!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Will continue to pray for sweet Boka. We're always here if you need anything.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Y'all are firmly entrenched in my daily thoughts & prayers.
Have been since your 1st post and continue to be...Team Boka!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.