Boka my little adorable girlie was just diagnosed with brain tumor

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
may i ask where you live.. there is a wonderful cancer treatment center in ohio.. i dont know much about it because i only see it when i have to take my dogs to there when they have problems that our vet can't take care of.. im so sorry.. prayers for you and your baby.. crying with you.. :(

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor wishes Boka good luck!

OP
Boka the Sweet Heart
Aug 26, 2015
South California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boka
Thank you. I live in south California and also we don't want to do an MRI with her as she is 9 years old. Luckily, she is acting like she does not have a brain tumor so hopefully she doesn't. Also, she is seizure free for almost 75 hours. Yesterday when I came home she was very sad and not feeling like herself because of the medicine Phenobarbital. But, today when I came home she was very happy and she was trying to jump up to show excitement but she is still too weak to do so. Hoping she stays seizure free for 3 weeks.

OP
Boka the Sweet Heart
Aug 26, 2015
South California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boka
Thank you so much. Boka has been seizure free for 4 days, 1 hour and 47 minutes. She is getting back to herself and she is trying to jump on the couch by herself. Even though the medicine slows her down, nothing can stop her little bulldog ambition.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Sending Prayers and Loads of Love and Kisses to Sweet Boka. Keep us informed on your Sweet Baby Boka

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
My love and prayers to you :hug:
Fingers and paws are crossed for your sweet little brave girl :heartsign:

OP
Boka the Sweet Heart
Aug 26, 2015
South California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boka
I have some more bad news. They found a cancerous mass on her hock and in a few weeks, if she doesn't have any seizures, she will need to have surgery to remove the cancerous mass. I am absolutely devastated. The surgery can only be done if she doesn't have any seizures. But, even if she doesn't have any seizures, we may not do the surgery as she is a 9 year old girl and she would have to go under full anesthesia and I'm petrified that she won't wake up from the surgery. Also, we have to see whether this will even extend her life as if it won't then there's no point of doing the surgery. Plus, she is not even in pain from the cancerous mass because the vet said that her cancerous mass is very low grade. I also have some good news. She has not had a seizure for a whole week now, and she is jumping a lot and she seems very happy. We are hoping that the cancerous mass removal is not extremely necessary and that she can live with it as she has already had it for 5 years. If she does go under surgery, please pray that she will wake up and recover quickly.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have some more bad news. They found a cancerous mass on her hock and in a few weeks, if she doesn't have any seizures, she will need to have surgery to remove the cancerous mass. I am absolutely devastated. The surgery can only be done if she doesn't have any seizures. But, even if she doesn't have any seizures, we may not do the surgery as she is a 9 year old girl and she would have to go under full anesthesia and I'm petrified that she won't wake up from the surgery. Also, we have to see whether this will even extend her life as if it won't then there's no point of doing the surgery. Plus, she is not even in pain from the cancerous mass because the vet said that her cancerous mass is very low grade. I also have some good news. She has not had a seizure for a whole week now, and she is jumping a lot and she seems very happy. We are hoping that the cancerous mass removal is not extremely necessary and that she can live with it as she has already had it for 5 years. If she does go under surgery, please pray that she will wake up and recover quickly.

Continuing to pray! We had a friend with a 9 yr old Corso with a similar situation-- they declined surgery and she lived a happy fun 6 mths

Give her hugs from us

Most Reactions