Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Boka my little adorable girlie was just diagnosed with brain tumor

Pooper scooper Boka the Sweet Heart's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boka
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Boka my little adorable girlie was just diagnosed with brain tumor

Thank you. I live in south California and also we don't want to do an MRI with her as she is 9 years old. Luckily, she is acting like she does not have a brain tumor so hopefully she doesn't. Also, she is seizure free for almost 75 hours. Yesterday when I came home she was very sad and not feeling like herself because of the medicine Phenobarbital. But, today when I came home she was very happy and she was trying to jump up to show excitement but she is still too weak to do so. Hoping she stays seizure free for 3 weeks.

2. Likes ddnene, Biogirl71, 2BullyMama, TyTysmom liked this post
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Saying prayers for your sweet baby.
    My smooshy face boy!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rosie
    Likes (Received)

Sending prayers and ((hugs)) that all is well with your fur baby.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boka
    Likes (Received)

Thank you so much. Boka has been seizure free for 4 days, 1 hour and 47 minutes. She is getting back to herself and she is trying to jump on the couch by herself. Even though the medicine slows her down, nothing can stop her little bulldog ambition.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Sending Prayers and Loads of Love and Kisses to Sweet Boka. Keep us informed on your Sweet Baby Boka

Pet Sitter
    Country
    Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Püppy
    Likes (Received)

My love and prayers to you
    Fingers and paws are crossed for your sweet little brave girl

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boka
    Likes (Received)

I have some more bad news. They found a cancerous mass on her hock and in a few weeks, if she doesn't have any seizures, she will need to have surgery to remove the cancerous mass. I am absolutely devastated. The surgery can only be done if she doesn't have any seizures. But, even if she doesn't have any seizures, we may not do the surgery as she is a 9 year old girl and she would have to go under full anesthesia and I'm petrified that she won't wake up from the surgery. Also, we have to see whether this will even extend her life as if it won't then there's no point of doing the surgery. Plus, she is not even in pain from the cancerous mass because the vet said that her cancerous mass is very low grade. I also have some good news. She has not had a seizure for a whole week now, and she is jumping a lot and she seems very happy. We are hoping that the cancerous mass removal is not extremely necessary and that she can live with it as she has already had it for 5 years. If she does go under surgery, please pray that she will wake up and recover quickly.

9. Likes 2BullyMama, Texas Carol liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Boka the Sweet Heart View Post
    I have some more bad news. They found a cancerous mass on her hock and in a few weeks, if she doesn't have any seizures, she will need to have surgery to remove the cancerous mass. I am absolutely devastated. The surgery can only be done if she doesn't have any seizures. But, even if she doesn't have any seizures, we may not do the surgery as she is a 9 year old girl and she would have to go under full anesthesia and I'm petrified that she won't wake up from the surgery. Also, we have to see whether this will even extend her life as if it won't then there's no point of doing the surgery. Plus, she is not even in pain from the cancerous mass because the vet said that her cancerous mass is very low grade. I also have some good news. She has not had a seizure for a whole week now, and she is jumping a lot and she seems very happy. We are hoping that the cancerous mass removal is not extremely necessary and that she can live with it as she has already had it for 5 years. If she does go under surgery, please pray that she will wake up and recover quickly.
    Continuing to pray! We had a friend with a 9 yr old Corso with a similar situation-- they declined surgery and she lived a happy fun 6 mths

Give her hugs from us
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

11. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boka
    Likes (Received)

Thank you. I will keep everyone posted.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Indeed, so very sorry to hear about this cancer.

Agree with your thoughts and would be doing the same for Boka.
    So very encouraged she's not in pain, is seizure free so far and is
    active. Boka (and you) are in my prayers & continue to be, thank
    you for these updates.

Sending big hugs to y'all <3

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin' groomzilla Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ron
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

Boka hope your feeling good a lot of people are worried and praying for you and your Mom is very worried.
    EBN is a great place for both of you, Mom can find some ideas to help with the comforting and support from others to make it through the hard times.
    This group has taught me so much and have opened up their hearts to me like no other - insert my crying tears here - I have been recently diagnosed with cancer and it has been a whirl wind experience. This wonderful place is filled with Angels or those who will become and a few deviates like me with huge hearts.
    They help me tremendously more than they know, more tears, they also taught me to be the best parent/ handler I can be that helps my baby Chance.
    Almost always great advice with laughter and tears thrown in - let us help you through these hard times so that you and Boka can enjoy the most out of what we are given
    Fingers and paws crossed in prayer add a huge bear hug from me - you are not alone

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boka
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by schimpfy View Post
    Boka hope your feeling good a lot of people are worried and praying for you and your Mom is very worried.
    EBN is a great place for both of you, Mom can find some ideas to help with the comforting and support from others to make it through the hard times.
    This group has taught me so much and have opened up their hearts to me like no other - insert my crying tears here - I have been recently diagnosed with cancer and it has been a whirl wind experience. This wonderful place is filled with Angels or those who will become and a few deviates like me with huge hearts.
    They help me tremendously more than they know, more tears, they also taught me to be the best parent/ handler I can be that helps my baby Chance.
    Almost always great advice with laughter and tears thrown in - let us help you through these hard times so that you and Boka can enjoy the most out of what we are given
    Fingers and paws crossed in prayer add a huge bear hug from me - you are not alone
    Thank you so much. Boka luckily is getting better and yesterday she was playing with her ball and she was jumping and she seemed extremely happy. She is now jumping on the couch and jumping off of it by herself. Though her legs are still a little bit wobbly, she is managing to walk up and down the stairs too. She is going to get some blood work done in 2 weeks to make sure that her anti seizure medicine is working properly and how much of it is in her bloodstream. I will keep everyone posted about her bloodwork.

16. Likes savemejeebus, schimpfy, Manydogs liked this post
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Remove Ads