angela

Jun 18, 2011
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winny 2004-2015
You were awake all night, restless, watching your daddy and I sleep, did you know? Was you telling us it would be our last night together ?
You touched me with your sweet lil paw. I raised up and looked at you " what's the matter baby ? Do you need to go outside?" You struggled to move your lil body around. I picked you up, trying not to hurt your lil leg that cancer had won over. I carried you outside and set you on the grass. You looked at me as to say "Thank you Mama". Did you know that would be our last time outside together? You loved sitting outside on the cool grass, watching the birds and squirrels play around you, feeling a cool breeze every once in awhile. You looked at peace.
We sat there for awhile, in the early morning together, listening, enjoying the soft glow in the sky, feeling the breeze tickle your cute lil cow ears. Then you looked at me and tried to get up. It hurt me to watch you struggle so hard just to move. I picked you up and carried you inside. I sat you beside your daddy, making sure your lil butt was on the pillow, just like you liked it. You loved laying beside your daddy, feeling his body next to yours. You propped you lil head on his arm. Did you know?
You still couldn't get comfortable as you stirred around, time for some more meds. I rolled your meds in peanut butter balls and put them in the freezer. You loved peanut butter ball treats, taken 15 pills a day meant lots of peanut butter treats, that was the last treat you had, if I had only known. You licked your lips as you finished taken your medicine and laid your head down, waiting for them to help take the pain away.
Your daddy and I were sitting outside talking about you, how we were gonna put a blanket out under the trees and let you relax outside, maybe take a dip in your kiddy pool, but that was not to be. Inside something happened to you, the battle you have been fighting for the last four months was on. You lost conscious as we rushed you to the emergency room. Your daddy and I were so worried about you, we kept trying to talk to you, trying to get you to respond to us ....just please open your eyes... The hospital was waiting on us, they took you in the back... We waited in a room. The time seemed to go by so slowly as the tears were pouring down my face...was it time? Was this it? Our hearts were breaking wide open, the pain was unbearable , then the Dr. came in and gave us the bad news. You had had a stroke or something like that, he wasn't quite sure, but you would not be the same. So we were left with a decision, a very heart wrenching decision. Your quality of life was gone. God knows, We did not want you to suffer anymore than you already had, we loved you so much...they brought you in to us, you just laid there with your eyes closed, breathing hard. We started telling you how much we loved you and how very special you were, how much happiness you brought to our lives, and how we would always love you.. You looked at us with those big beautiful brown eyes and said "I love you too, I'm gonna be alright, we will be together again" and then you crossed over that rainbow bridge with your lil wiggle butt...
It's was a week ago this very hour, she passed and there's not a day goes by that I don't miss my sweet baby , but as my son wrote us "only God could take care of her better than you both did , and believe me,he is now" so I know she is in no more pain and happy, trotting around up there like a bulldog.
Till we see you again our sweet love, Winnie
Rest In Peace

“It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

262AC208-0FBF-4959-A4E6-7E80C44E1E4F

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 151

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I can NOT tell you how much I love this… absolutely beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time :cry: I'm so very sorry for your loss, Winnie was very lucky to have such a wonderful family taking care of her. God Bless you and your family, I know very well how much this hurts… RIP Sweet Winnie

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
How beautifully you said it, [MENTION=2577]angela[/MENTION] With tears in my eyes, I know how you are hurting. Many of us have been there, and we KNOW. Winny knew,too,and she let you know,so that you would have that last loving time together.Though you would never be ready-she was-and she was so lucky to spend her last bit of life with you,as she had loved you as much as you loved her. GOD Bless you and your family.Winny is hurting no more,and she has met many new friends to play with and she will be there to greet you,when it is your time. You will always miss her,and it is true,they do take a piece of your heart:cry:.R.I.P. Winny,we can tell you were so loved.:pray::angelheart:

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
While your family mourns in sadness, please remind yourself that Winnie is very fortunate to be around true family that loved her.
Rip and God Bless your family.

OP
angela

angela

Jun 18, 2011
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winny 2004-2015
Thank you so much, it helps to hear from other bully mommies

OP
angela

angela

Jun 18, 2011
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winny 2004-2015
Thank you, i really appreciate your loving thoughts

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I'm so, so sorry that you lost Winnie. I know you loved her so much, and I'm glad she had such a loving, caring family.
Rest in peace sweet Winnie, there is no more pain.

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Tears rolling down my cheeks :(
What a beautiful tribute to your Winnie. I'm so very sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace, and may peace come to you and your family through your mourning.

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
Dear Angela, I'm so sorry for your loss of your sweet beloved little Winnie. I've got tears in my eyes. What a sweet beautiful girl she was - what a gentle smile on her loveable little face :angelheart:
Your words are full of love.
Winnie has been loved so much - and this wonderful experience can never ever been taken away from her.
Your little angel is always with you, in your hearts and in your thoughts.

RIP Winnie.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
So very sorry for your loss of Winnie, such a sweet face!
Yes, we really do understand how dear these babies are
to us, how they fill every nook & cranny in our hearts!
How dreadful the silence in our homes after they're gone,
the unbearable pain in our chest ;(

Your tribute is so beautiful and so loving, I cried the entire
reading but comforted in knowing how much this lil girl was
loved & cared for and wishing all dogs find such wonderful
homes as Winnie did. GOD bless you & thank you for sharing
this with us. We are here anytime you want to talk <3

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Tears rolling down my cheeks :(
What a beautiful tribute to your Winnie. I'm so very sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace, and may peace come to you and your family through your mourning.
Me too...*tears! I am so very sorry. This was heart breaking, I can't imagine how difficult it must have been. I know that my words will not ease your pain and thankfully Winnie is not suffering...thoughts and prayers for you and your family :heart:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Heartbreaking yet incredibly beautiful!!! It took me a long time to read and respond--- reminds me so much if the day we lost our Banks! :cry: :cry:

Rest in peace beautiful Winnie... Run free and play hard

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I am so sorry for the loss of your Winnie, I have tears in my eyes reading your post about her. You will see Winnie again one day, and you will never have to part with her again. Prayers and Love are coming your way, God Bless You and Winnie.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.