Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hello bulldog family,

I know that there are many Bulldog owners that have had to deal with a loss. Either in the past, or for sure in the future. A bulldog is more than a dog. They become part of our lives and our families. Sure, other breeds of dogs are integrated into a family, but not ever like a bulldog.

I had my best friend pass away last December. She was 57 days pregnant and passed away in my arms. She was 4 yo. I know that pain of the loss.

Now a very dear friend who lives in Croatia, had her best friend pass away also.

His name is Bama.
12.01.2010-16.06.2015
Beri, Marina, and Lucjia, I know what a wonderful boy Bama was. He was more than just a dog and his puppies will live on and carry his blood. He is gone, but will never be forgotten.

RIP Bama. :pray:
164650_10200307216106310_2123084954_n.jpg

1514350_10205914220677920_4888126065635296841_n.jpg

I see your friend joined and I posted a reply to him, Bama was stunning!

You're a great friend to write & share this, thank you. My sincerest sympathies
on your loss of your Momma bully, I can't imagine how hard it was to get thru
and move forward. So glad you're a part of EBN.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Condolences to you and your friend on your losses. I've only experienced friends losing their precious bullies. I dread the day I join that club nobody wants to be a part of.

Bamarism

Jun 18, 2015
Country
Hrvatska
Bulldog(s) Names
Bama and Ziggy
Thank you all for kind words! I still struggle, it gets easier and then again hard. My English is not so good, so I hope you understand.
Everyone who knew him is in shock. Especially people who saw him day before. Bama was loved by everyone. He was playful, always raising paw and wag his tail, beautiful boy, healthy, champion, stud, a friend. He was a star wherever he appeared.
He had bladder stones 6 months ago, androgen related. Month after urethrotomy and neuter, he was completely recovered. Since then, he was on raw food, I checked his complete urine analysis monthly. He was clear. I must say, he was in the best shape in his life after that. And this Monday, we took him to the vet because his paw was hurting. It was dry grass in it. The vet solved it in a minute and everything was fine. Then I said "you know, since we are here and we will not come during the summer, why dont we make xray to see what is the situation with stones?" I only wanted to be sure that we are going on a right path with it. :( Also, that was regular test after stones. Then the vet blew too much air contrast trough a catheter and Bama's bladder (and who knows what else) broke.
I blame myself for digging. I shouldn't have to dig. He would still be with us and his 4 months old son.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Thank you all for kind words! I still struggle, it gets easier and then again hard. My English is not so good, so I hope you understand.
Everyone who knew him is in shock. Especially people who saw him day before. Bama was loved by everyone. He was playful, always raising paw and wag his tail, beautiful boy, healthy, champion, stud, a friend. He was a star wherever he appeared.
He had bladder stones 6 months ago, androgen related. Month after urethrotomy and neuter, he was completely recovered. Since then, he was on raw food, I checked his complete urine analysis monthly. He was clear. I must say, he was in the best shape in his life after that. And this Monday, we took him to the vet because his paw was hurting. It was dry grass in it. The vet solved it in a minute and everything was fine. Then I said "you know, since we are here and we will not come during the summer, why dont we make xray to see what is the situation with stones?" I only wanted to be sure that we are going on a right path with it. :( Also, that was regular test after stones. Then the vet blew too much air contrast trough a catheter and Bama's bladder (and who knows what else) broke.
I blame myself for digging. I shouldn't have to dig. He would still be with us and his 4 months old son.

I'm so sorry to hear about the circumstances:( but don't blame yourself, you were just a good parent wanting to make sure he was ok:assurred: It's truly so sad when things like this happen, it's heartbreaking:cry:

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
So Sorry for Your Loss of Your Precious Bama, You will see him again one day never to part again. Love and Prayers to Your Family. Bama was so Handsome.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.