Thread: We lost one of our "boys"

Pooper scooper
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Milo and Toby
    Likes (Received)

Default We lost one of our "boys"

I haven't been on the EBN site in such a long time- I've missed it. We lost one of our precious bully boys "Toby" last night. He was only 7 years old. We didn't know it, until just these past few days that his kidneys were failing. He had been throwing up on occasion, though rarely over this past year. He's never quite cared for going for walks like his Bully brother, so we didn't think too much about him not getting too excited about going to the park. He had arthritis in one of his legs, so we figured it was probably that. He had been having low energy these past 2 months, and having teeny potty problems on his bed either at night or during the day. Just these past 2 or 3 days before we had to let him go, he had been having muscle twitches in his legs, and his eyes were very red and itchy. On Friday he only urinated small amounts just twice. On Saturday I called our Vet about it. He said it sounded like a kidney problem. They were closing at noon, so I called the Pet emergency hospital and told them that he hadn't urinated that morning as he always did each morning. We brought him in and they took blood for a panel, urine for testing along with an x-ray, ultrasound and put in a catheter to made sure that there were no blockages. That all checked out. We brought him home late Saturday evening and he didn't urinate any more that night or on sunday morning. He had no appetite either and just wanted to sleep. The Pet Emergency called around 9 am with the blood panel results and his BUN, Creatinine, Potassium and Amylase was high. The Doctor said we should bring Toby in and they would give him IV fluids and do some more testing. At 5:30 pm the Doctor called and said that Toby's numbers had doubled and his kidney's were failing. It was such a shock to my husband and I. We didn't see this coming. We knew Toby was suffering and made a difficult choice, to come in and let Toby go. When we saw him he was acting disoriented and panting very heavily. My husband and I were both crying. I left the room, it was too much for me, though my husband stayed with Toby, held his face and told him he loved him and Toby licked my husbands face before the Doctor administered and Toby went peacefully. We are still in shock over loosing our precious boy. His brother Milo and him were inseparable since we got them at 8 weeks old. Milo has always been the needy one, and has always needed to know where Toby was, and didn't want to go anywhere without Toby too. Milo is depressed and mourning and we are giving him love and laying by his side. I had forgotten how much it hurts to loose a beloved pet. Toby was adorable, he loved his squeaky toys and would bring me one at night, goading me into chasing him and trying to tug it away from him. He loved to chase lizzards. If he knew one was hiding under the backyard BBQ, or under a rock, he'd sit or lay there for a long time, just waiting ....... thank you for letting me share here......

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: We lost one of our "boys"

I feel your pain just reading your story. It is unfortunate but losing someone is an inevitable reality. In difficult times like this, let's find solace in all the beautiful memories our love ones gave us. The love that we received and the love that we gave is truly the gift that no one can take away.

Run free to the rainbow bridge Toby, RIP.
    Hug your bully today

Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker
    Likes (Received)

I am very sorry for your loss of your precious boy, he was so lucky to have a good life, with his brother and his loving parents. I am sending prayers of strength for all of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry Kelly Rest in Peace Toby<3
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

So very sorry for the sudden loss of your sweet boy... wheather knowing it is coming or suddnely the pain is deep. You gave him a great life in a happy home with a wonderful brother.... think of all the happy memories that will hurt today, but bring a smile and warm your heart in the coming months.

we are here for you -- come and share stories or picture to help you

Rest in Peace sweet Toby....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

My condolences. I am so sorry for your loss.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I'm so very sorry for your loss… it's never easy when we lose our fur babies. Especially when it's a complete shock out of nowhere… many of us have been there, and we understand the devastating grief. RIP Sweet Toby

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

I have been through this-as have others, we feel your pain and pray for you.@Bullies Mom Reading this, I have broken into a sweat and feel sick as I know HOW you feel.
    Please tell yourself,that he knew how much love you had for him and gave him a great life, and his spirit will always be with you. So many never get to have a loving life-and he was a very loved boy! Prayers-
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry for your loss, it's very hard to read this because you were on my mind last week too, almost like I felt your pain. I am sending prayers to your family and for Milo. RIP Toby xxoo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

This is so sad, I am really sorry. It makes it much more painful because you didn't see it coming. Thank you for sharing, love to you and your husband and Milo.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

So sad to hear of your precious Toby's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Oh Kelly, my heart breaks for you. I am so sorry for your loss, this post brought tears to my eyes & I can't even imagine your pain. You did what was best for him in not letting him suffer. Our prayers for you & your family. Rest in peace sweet Toby, xoxo.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads