Bullies Mom

Aug 27, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Milo and Toby
I haven't been on the EBN site in such a long time- I've missed it. We lost one of our precious bully boys "Toby" last night. He was only 7 years old. We didn't know it, until just these past few days that his kidneys were failing. He had been throwing up on occasion, though rarely over this past year. He's never quite cared for going for walks like his Bully brother, so we didn't think too much about him not getting too excited about going to the park. He had arthritis in one of his legs, so we figured it was probably that. He had been having low energy these past 2 months, and having teeny potty problems on his bed either at night or during the day. Just these past 2 or 3 days before we had to let him go, he had been having muscle twitches in his legs, and his eyes were very red and itchy. On Friday he only urinated small amounts just twice. On Saturday I called our Vet about it. He said it sounded like a kidney problem. They were closing at noon, so I called the Pet emergency hospital and told them that he hadn't urinated that morning as he always did each morning. We brought him in and they took blood for a panel, urine for testing along with an x-ray, ultrasound and put in a catheter to made sure that there were no blockages. That all checked out. We brought him home late Saturday evening and he didn't urinate any more that night or on sunday morning. He had no appetite either and just wanted to sleep. The Pet Emergency called around 9 am with the blood panel results and his BUN, Creatinine, Potassium and Amylase was high. The Doctor said we should bring Toby in and they would give him IV fluids and do some more testing. At 5:30 pm the Doctor called and said that Toby's numbers had doubled and his kidney's were failing. It was such a shock to my husband and I. We didn't see this coming. We knew Toby was suffering and made a difficult choice, to come in and let Toby go. When we saw him he was acting disoriented and panting very heavily. My husband and I were both crying. I left the room, it was too much for me, though my husband stayed with Toby, held his face and told him he loved him and Toby licked my husbands face before the Doctor administered and Toby went peacefully. We are still in shock over loosing our precious boy. His brother Milo and him were inseparable since we got them at 8 weeks old. Milo has always been the needy one, and has always needed to know where Toby was, and didn't want to go anywhere without Toby too. Milo is depressed and mourning and we are giving him love and laying by his side. I had forgotten how much it hurts to loose a beloved pet. Toby was adorable, he loved his squeaky toys and would bring me one at night, goading me into chasing him and trying to tug it away from him. He loved to chase lizzards. If he knew one was hiding under the backyard BBQ, or under a rock, he'd sit or lay there for a long time, just waiting ....... thank you for letting me share here......

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
I feel your pain just reading your story. It is unfortunate but losing someone is an inevitable reality. In difficult times like this, let's find solace in all the beautiful memories our love ones gave us. The love that we received and the love that we gave is truly the gift that no one can take away.

Run free to the rainbow bridge Toby, RIP.

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
I am very sorry for your loss of your precious boy, he was so lucky to have a good life, with his brother and his loving parents. I am sending prayers of strength for all of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So very sorry for the sudden loss of your sweet boy... wheather knowing it is coming or suddnely the pain is deep. You gave him a great life in a happy home with a wonderful brother.... think of all the happy memories that will hurt today, but bring a smile and warm your heart in the coming months.

we are here for you -- come and share stories or picture to help you

Rest in Peace sweet Toby.... :angelheart:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so very sorry for your loss… it's never easy when we lose our fur babies. Especially when it's a complete shock out of nowhere… many of us have been there, and we understand the devastating grief. RIP Sweet Toby :hug:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have been through this-as have others, we feel your pain and pray for you.@Bullies Mom Reading this, I have broken into a sweat and feel sick as I know HOW you feel.
Please tell yourself,that he knew how much love you had for him and gave him a great life, and his spirit will always be with you. So many never get to have a loving life-and he was a very loved boy! Prayers-:pray:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm so sorry for your loss, it's very hard to read this because you were on my mind last week too, almost like I felt your pain. I am sending prayers to your family and for Milo. RIP Toby xxoo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
This is so sad, I am really sorry. It makes it much more painful because you didn't see it coming. Thank you for sharing, love to you and your husband and Milo.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
So sad to hear of your precious Toby's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Oh Kelly, my heart breaks for you. I am so sorry for your loss, this post brought tears to my eyes & I can't even imagine your pain. You did what was best for him in not letting him suffer. Our prayers for you & your family. Rest in peace sweet Toby, xoxo.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.