One year ago today, I lost my big beautiful boy Winston...

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Tracey I remember that day a year ago too well, I often think of you when I hear of a dog passing for you had been through in the last year. Sending you lots of :hug: and :heart: today.

We all miss Winston too :lubu:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
What an amazing tribute to your boy!
I can't believe it's been a year.
Sending lots of hugs and love to you.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I've never lost a bully yet. I have came close though, so I can imagine how you feel. I love this what you wrote ..."NO dog can replace another, your heart just expands" I know that when by babies go to the rainbow bridge my heart will shrink and I only hope t will be able to expand like yours.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:sorry:Tracey my heart and tears go out to you today, I can't believe it's been a year already. I agree that another dog never replaces one that has crossed the bridge, but that our hearts can love another, we never forget our fur babies that have left, but they are with us forever in our hearts. They leave a paw print on our hearts, and take a piece of our hearts with them. Thinking of you and your family today, sending love, hugs and prayers your way that you can remember sweet Winston today with more smiles than tears. :angelheart::angelhug:

We are all here for you, and we all miss and grieve Winston along with you today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 59

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I remember that day like it was yesterday...Phil texted me that Winston passed and it was all so surreal and unbelievable! I remember telling him no way Tracey posted the procedure went well! I can't believe it's been a year already. My heart still breaks for you when I think of that day! On the bright side...Wally came into your life and he is keeping you on your toes now that's for sure!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I remember the day very well as i couldn't believe what i had read. You are like a big sister to me and i have nothing but love and respect for you and your family. Hug, prayers and lots of love to ya girl.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I can't believe it's been a year. I've been so focused on Steve Slocum today. Today was 2 years since his passing....I'd totally forgotten about Winston.

Hugs to you Tracey.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Tracey, sending Love your way, I know all to well how you feel. But You will see Winston and all of your Babies again one day, and I will see my babies that have gone on to Rain Bow Bridge one day also. Love You Tracey. Susan

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Tracey
I know the pain of your loss and I still grieve on the anniversary of the passing of both of my sweet boys. Just typing this makes me cry.
Take comfort that you gave him the best life possible and that he is over the bridge playing and happy with all his bulldog buddies

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] I cannot believe that has been a year already, I myself think of Winston all the time, it really broke everyone's heart when it happened. The words you wrote were so beautiful and perfectly said. Hugs to you and your family xxx

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
@ddnene, this is the quotation that gives me peace whenever I think of my precious dogs that are no longer with us. The other day I found some of Trixie's old toys under the armoire in my bedroom and sat and cried. So I know how painful and raw this still is for you. :daisy:Wallygator was truly a gift from Winston for you to mend your heart.

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." - Anonymous

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@ddnene, this is the quotation that gives me peace whenever I think of my precious dogs that are no longer with us. The other day I found some of Trixie's old toys under the armoire in my bedroom and sat and cried. So I know how painful and raw this still is for you. :daisy:Wallygator was truly a gift from Winston for you to mend your heart.

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." - Anonymous

That was beautiful Chris… THANK you for sharing this w/me!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online