To my #1 Snuggle Buddy SPIKE

Marion

Jun 28, 2010
Nashua, NH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
I haven't been able to bear coming on the site since I lost Spike in January 2014. Every time I see a bully (especially one that looks like him) I burst into tears.

Spike stole my heart from the very first time I saw him when I sat on the floor at his previous owner's house and he climbed right into my lap ! One look at that beautiful face and I was hooked. I've always been a "big dog" type of person but now I can't imagine owning anything other than a Bully.

He was my constant companion. All it took was jingling my keys and he was ready to go for a car ride - of course he had to ride shotgun:) Trips to the groomers meant a stop at Dunkin Donuts where he could get his favorite treat a cheesy bagel twist that we would share. He LOVED to snuggle. He knew that if I grabbed a certain blanket that it was snuggle time with Mommy! His favorite place to sleep was in my lap with his head laying on my chest if we were sitting in the recliner or curled up behind me in bed with his head on the pillow. Spike seemed to have this uncanny way of knowing when I wasn't feeling well (I have fibromyalgia) and would sleep in just the right spot in bed that would make me feel better.

To my beautiful 'poopa dog'.. Mommy loves you so much and misses you every day. Until we see each other again my sweet baby.

2012-06-21 10.00.17.jpg20130320_083142.jpg20130425_074614.jpgIMG_1211.jpg

Attachments

• 20130320_083142.jpg
    20130320_083142.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 176
  • 20130425_074614.jpg
    20130425_074614.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 182

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so very sorry for your loss… Spike was an adorable bully, I just LOVE all the pics that you have shared w/us. I completely understand your pain and loss… I have lost bullies, and it's very hard to explain to others the attachment that we have to these "special" babies. We are here for you to grieve… I can't tell you how much everyone at EBN comforted me when I lost my dear Winston. I honestly don't know what I would of done w/out them…

Sending you lots of hugs and prayers… :hug:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Very sorry for your loss of a beautiful boy Spike. He will always live in your heart and his spirit will always be there.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Dear Marion...what a fabulous letter to your beloved Spike. He is very
handsome and how lucky you are that he was a cuddler as well, some
bullies aren't. I feel your broken heart in every word but...such a love
and an incredible bond between the two of you. It's beyond devastating
to lose that, the loss is immeasurable and the grief beyond description.
I'm so very sorry you've lost him and my heart hurts for your pain and
yearning for him. I shall lift your broken heart up to GOD and pray for HIS
comfort and peace to fill you up and send you another bully needing your
huge heart to love them too and provide a forever home as you gave Spike.
That is what GOD did for me when I lost my 1st bully, Brutus, only 7 months
after I adopted him, like you and Spike, it was instant love for both of us and
we continued to be 'joined at the hip' until his sudden and untimely death at
the Vet's for teeth cleaning. I had just joined EBN and honestly, without their
kind and caring support, not sure I'd be here! Please stay and share your stories
& pics of Spike...love to hear and see more of him (and you). It was a breeder on
here, Davidh, who connected me with a friend of his needing to rehome his bully.
My son drove the 5 hours to Houston and picked up Cami, snoring & snuggled beside
me right now and filling my heart & home, as YOU know, only a bully can! Spike's
special place in your heart will never be filled but there is another bully needing your
love and your home, when you are ready, I encourage you to get another one.

I have Fibro,, Lupus & other 'nasties', I have a friend (w/same illnesses) living in Nashua
and other things in common as you. Please feel free to PM me w/your email or phone #
if you'd like to talk ever, I'm a great listener! Welcome to EBN, a great place to be <3

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
While you mourn the loss of a love one, their place will never ever be filled. However, find solace knowing that another bully is just waiting to love and be loved. Please open your arms again. These animals need you and I know you need them too.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This was a beautiful tribute to your boy. :cry:

RIP Spike

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So very sorry for the loss of your sweet boy.... Rest in peace Spike, run and play with all the bullies at the bridge!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I know how hard it was to do but I'm glad you posted Spikes story. The pics are beautiful. Maybe one day you can love another bully and get comfort from that. My condolences on the loss of your beautiful boy.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
My condolences on your loss. Bullies really are the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Awwww sweet baby boy, he was so handsome.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I am so sorry for the loss of Your Precious Spike, God Bless You and Your Family. I know what it is like, I have lost several of my 4 legged babies. Elmo is my First Bulldog. You will be reunited one day, never to part again. This keeps me going, to know I will see My 4 Legged Babies again. Love To You Marion.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I'm so very sorry for your loss :( He sure was a very special and handsome boy.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
So sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing this beautiful text about Spike.

I can relate to your first meeting with Spike. First time we visited Castor (when he was seven weeks old), I was sitting in a chair, and his father came right up to me and climbed on to my lap and sat there for a long time. I had hardly ever met an English bulldog before, so that was a very special moment.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.