My Baby Girl

lala90638

Oct 6, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulubelle
I just wanted to share my experience with bloating. I had a 4 year old Female English Bulldog. She died last Saturday September 27th, 2014 from canine bloating something that I'd never really heard about until that day. That day started out with an appointment at 10:30am to get her nails trimmed at our vets office. They usually trim her nails in one of their exam rooms with my help holding her (she really didn't put up a fuss but she liked me there) but this time a new vet tech came out to get her and said that they were going to do them in the back. I thought it was kinda weird but didn't speak up since one of the techs is the one that always does her trim, anyway a little while later they brought her out panting as usual I paid and we left. I only stopped for gas and was home in 30 minutes. She got back up on my bed to take a nap and it seemed like she couldn't get comfortable and then she got up and was acting like she wanted to throw up so my husband took her out in our backyard and all she did was walk around and around she never did throw anything up. She tried to poop a couple of times but again nothing. That's when my husband said that it looked like she was getting bigger (swelling). We brought her inside the house and I was checking her out when I patted her on her side it sounded like tapping on a drum. I looked up bloating in dogs on the internet and it gave all the symptoms that she was having and it said that it's usually fatal and to get your dog to a vet as soon as possible. So we got her in the car and since our vet's office was closed I took her to the closest Emergency Pet Clinic which is only 10-15 minutes from our house. When I got there I couldn't her to stand up so I picked her up and set her down by my car and at that point she just laid back down and wouldn't or couldn't get up so I again picked her up with the help of my sister and we carried her into the clinic and put her on a gurney that they were bringing out to us and that's when I noticed that she wasn't breathing. They took her in the back and started CPR on her and tried to insert a tube to release the gas from her stomach and then her heart stopped and once again they did CPR and they were able to revive her and then release some of the trapped gas but it was all too much for her and her heart stopped again and they weren't able to revive her. They brought her to a room and let me say good-bye to her and let me tell you that was the hardest thing I've ever had to do and so we were there for all of 30 minutes and after charging me $900 dollars I went home ALONE. So to sum it up she hadn't eaten anything that morning for her to have ingested a lot of air while eating and the only thing she did do was pant and she did do a lot of that. But what started out as a normal day in 4 hours she was dead. I'm sorry for rambling on and on but once I started writing about it I couldn't stop. I said that day that I was NEVER getting another dog so I wouldn't have to go through that again my heart is BROKEN I can't believe that she's really gone and that she's never coming back. She was truly the LOVE of my life. I think I loved her more then my husband and my kids even as stubborn and pig headed as she was. She will always be MY BABY GIRL.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[MENTION=12939]lala90638[/MENTION]...

Tears are running down my face as I read this, no rambling on at all,
your heart is BROKEN and it's in every word, along with so much LOVE.
I am so very sorry, what an absolutely horrific loss, please know it is
not your fault!

I lost my 1st bully, Brutus last January, a unexpected death also. He
went in for teeth cleaning, prior bloodwork fine, etc...came to just fine,
Vet called said, he's up & looking great...10 minutes later, called & said
he was gone. So I really understand how shocking the news, how deep
the heartache and the awfulness that Baby Girl is not there with you. As
so many here know too :( We also know how much you love her, we truly
do. Thank you for sharing your story, hopefully it will help someone. Please
come here and share your feelings and eventually heal, never forgetting but
accepting her death and finding peace. It's so hard...I adopted Cami, here a
year and a half, she's healed my heart so much. I will pray for you & family,
again, my sincere & heartfelt condolences, may beloved LuluBelle RIP.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
OMG I am so sorry, I am also crying reading this,I am speechless and no words at this moment will heal your pain. She will live forever in your heart. Thinking of you at the most difficult time RIP LuluBelle. I am glad you found the strength to post and post whenever needed x

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
OMG! My heart breaks for you. Im so Very sorry For your loss. Sending you love And hugs at such a Very difficult time.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
I am truly sorry. Please find comfort knowing that you truly loved your girl and that you did your best to save her. While you mourn her loss, time will heal your pain. In due time, I hope you don't stop from loving and saving another soul who is just waiting for you.

God Bless.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I am so so sorry to read your story, it absolutely breaks my heart :*( I lost two of my bullies after surgeries… completely unexpected, and honestly after I lost my last one I feel that I could relive that horrible moment in my mind forever. No words can describe that feeling of absolute shock, it's like the wind has been knocked our of you.

Please know that you did everything humanely possible to save your baby, and sometimes things happen for NO apparent reason. Many of us on here have lost our babies suddenly so please do NOT feel like you are alone in this. We are here for you… :assurred:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry very sorry for the loss of your sweet girl... she is always with yo and you will have room for a new bully baby. Give your self time, Lulu will always be your first special love, but you will have others that you love just as much, but differnetly.

I also lost my sweet boy, Nitchke, suddenly all in one day... from fine to gone. It will be three years this Saturday... I still miss him, hurt for him and love him just as much :hug:

Rest in peace Lulubelle... Momma loves you!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I am so sorry for your loss. I have also been there. No words can ease the pain you are feeling right now. You have got to think of the good ,such as how lucky you were to have her. Some people never know that love. We all will be praying for you and we DO know how hard it is.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I'M so sorry for you loss.
RIP, Lulubelle. You were loved very much.

teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
Sky (aka Stardust Iron Dome)
Am sorry for the loss. Am new for EB, and i have always worried if they will be fine. I know how you feel and believe me that he is running free over the rainbow........

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm soooooo sorry and pray you find peace. This really shows how sensitive our bullies are. You showed her love like no one else could and she loves you for that.. I'm sorry.

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your baby girl. I lost my Samson to bloat and I had no idea what it was before then either. It broke my heart. Even now after 6 years I still cry about it. I really do understand your grief.

Keep the memory of your girl close to your heart and know that one day you will see her again and it will be like as no time ever passed.

Godspeed.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.